Halloween Dirt Cups:
Growing up I always looked forward to my mom making my brother and I her dirt cups. And now as an adult, I still get excited to make them for Halloween. And if you have kiddos, this is such a fun activity to do with them. Because they are super easy to prepare.
Ingredients you will need:
- Ripe avocados
- Cacao powder
- Maple syrup
- Ripe banana
- Vanilla extract
- Almond milk
- Gummy worms or festive fruit snacks
- Candy eyes
- Chocolate cookies of your choice
For mine, instead of using store bought pudding, I made a super easy and delicious avocado pudding. Just add a ripe banana, ripe avocados, cacao powder, vanilla extract, mini chocolate chips, maple syrup, and almond milk to a food processor. And process until you get a smooth consistency. I wanted a little crunch to mine, and did not melt my chocolate chips. But you can also, melt the chocolate chips and add.
How to make the “dirt”
Use whatever chocolate cookies you enjoy. But if using any with a cream filling, be sure to remove the filling, and just use the cookies. And add to a food processor and pulse until you get a dirt like consistency.
Putting the dirt cups together:
And once you have everything prepped, grab small glass jars to use, or anything you have. Start layering with the avocado pudding, dirt, avocado pudding, and dirt. And then top with gummy worms and candy eyes.
Can I prep these in advance?
Yes, you can totally make these ahead of time, I would just leave out the gummy worms, until ready to serve.
Check out these other spooky eats:
Halloween Dirt Cups
Vegan Avocado Pudding:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup almond mylk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate cookies
- 16 gummy worms
- 8 candy eyes
- Add everything for vegan pudding to food processor and process until you get a creamy, smooth consistency
- I didn’t melt my mini chocolate chips because I wanted a crunch to my pudding but you can also melt for a smoother consistency
- Add the chocolate cookies to food processor and pulse until you get a dirt like consistency
- Using a small glass jar add some of the pudding to the jar, then some dirt, a couple worms, and repeat another layer
- Top with gummy worms and candy eyes
- Keep stored in refrigerator until ready to enjoyHalloween Dirt Cups