Banana caramel cups:
If you don’t know this by now, I love creating my own homemade treats at home. Because it allows for me to know exactly what I am eating and allows me to create treats made with real ingredients. And these banana caramel cups are going to be a must try.
Ingredients you will need:
- Medjool dates
- Cashew butter or any nut/seed butter you like
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate of choice ( I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Frozen banana coins
How to prepare the banana coins:
The first thing you want to do, is freeze your banana coins. I like to freeze mine overnight but you can freeze for at least 4 hours too. Cut your banana into 1 inch thick coins, add to a zip lock bag in an even layer, and freeze.
Prepping the data caramel:
You can prep the date caramel in advance or make the day of. I personally like to always keep a stash in my refrigerator because it goes well with a variety of things. Add all the ingredients to food processor and process until you get a smooth and creamy consistency. And any leftover caramel you have, refrigerate in an airtight container, and use within 7-10 days of making. But it will last longer if you decide to freeze.
Putting the banana caramel cups together:
And once the banana coins are frozen, date caramel is prepped, melt you chocolate with some coconut oil. Line your mini muffin tins and add about 1 Tbsp of melted chocolate to each cup. And refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Next, add about 1 Tbsp of date caramel to each cup, place a frozen banana coin in the middle, and gently press down. And top with melted chocolate and freeze.
How do I store?
Store these in an airtight container and keep in the freezer. Because if you refrigerate you will find that the banana will get soggy and the date caramel isn’t as firmed up, as it would be when kept in freezer.
Check out these other recipes:
Banana Caramel Cups
- 1 cup soaked medjool dates pits removed
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil not melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas cut into 1 inch thick coins
- 1 9 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips or any type of chocolate you like
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Date Caramel Instructions:
- Soak your dates overnight in filtered water and drain water. Or if pressed for time soak in warm water for at least 30 minutes
- Add everything to food processor
- Process for 25-30 seconds or until you reach your desired consistency
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator
Banana Caramel Cup Instructions:
- Slice your banana into 1 inch thick coins and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Melt your chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add about 1 Tbsp of melted chocolate to lined mini muffin tins
- Refrigerate to allow the chocolate to set for at least 10 minutes
- Add about 1 Tbsp of date caramel to each cup
- Add a frozen banana coin to the middle, gently pressing down
- Top with 1 Tbsp or so of melted chocolate
- And freeze until the chocolate is set
- I like to store mine in the freezer in an airtight container