Air Fried Pesto Salmon:
If there is one meal I could eat everyday it would be this air fried pesto salmon. Because not only is it super easy to prepare, the flavors are on point, and it always leaves me satiated. But don’t worry if you don’t have an air fryer you can still enjoy this meal by baking your salmon versus air frying.
Which air fryer do I use?
I get this questions a lot whenever I post an air fryer recipe. And I have gone through my share of air fryers to be honest and I have finally found one I LOVE. The one I have is the Louise Sturhling Ceramic air fryer and I highly recommend if you are looking to purchase one.
Preparing the pesto:
I like to meal prep my pesto ahead of time and always have a stash in my refrigerator. Because it is a staple and goes with a lot of different meals. Prepping the pesto is simple, add all the ingredients to a food processor, and I process until I get my desired consistency.
In order for all of this to get cooked at the same time, I start with roasting my broccoli. I keep it simple, avocado oil, salt + pepper, cooke 400 F for 20-25 minutes.
Air frying salmon + gnocchi:
Once the broccoli has cooked for about 1o minutes, I start cooking my gnocchi, since this takes more time to get crispy over the salmon.I add my frozen cauliflower gnocchi to air fryer, spray some avocado oil, add salt + pepper, and cook 370 F for 10 minutes. Once done (leave gnocchi in pan) I add the salmon in the same pan, top with pesto, and cook 370 F for 12-14 minutes.
Dairy-Free Hemp Seed Spinach Cilantro Pesto Air Fried Salmon
- 1 cup basil
- Handful of cilantro
- Handful of spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 lemon juiced
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1 Wild Caught Salmon Filet
- Pulse everything for pesto in food processor (you will have leftovers store in mason jar in the refrigerator)
- Season broccoli with avocado oil, salt and pepper, bake 400 F for 20-25 minutes in convection oven
- Add about 1/3 cup of frozen cauliflower gnocchi with avocado oil, salt and pepper cook 370 F for 10 minutes in air fryer (start cooking this once broccoli has been cooking for 10 minutes)
- Add 1-2 Tbsp on top of wild caught salmon
- Add to air fryer with semi cooked gnocchi and cook on 370 F for 12-14 minutes (time will vary depending on thickness of fish)
- Add everything to a bowl and enjoy