Air fried BBQ meatballs:
If you haven’t tried making meatballs in your air fryer, you really need to try STAT. But don’t worry, if you don’t have an air fryer you can still make these yummy BBQ meatballs by either baking or pan frying them. And what I love about these, it they can be meal prepped ahead of time, and make for an easy weeknight dinner prep.
Ingredients you will need:
- Ground chicken (substitute any ground meat you have on hand)
- Pork rinds (substitute bread crumbs, almond meal, panko bread crumbs, or omit)
- Diced jalapeno
- Diced onions
- Chipped cilantro or parsley
- Garlic powder
- Primal Palate bbq rub
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Primal Kitchen Foods BBQ sauce
How to prepare the meatballs:
I first grind up my pork rinds in my food processor or you can pound it out in a zip lock bag. And then I add everything to a bowl including 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce. And next I mix with my hands and form into 15 bite size meatballs.
How to cook:
I chose to cook mine in my air fryer, because once I tried it, I knew there was no going back to cooking my meatballs any other way. But like I said you can also bake or pan fry if you don’t have an air fryer and they are just as delicious. I sprayed my air fryer pan with avocado oil and cooked my meatballs 12-15 minutes. And once done cooking, heat a pan with the rest of the BBQ sauce, add the meatballs, and let the meatballs marinate a few minutes on low heat.
What to serve the meatballs with:
I decided to enjoy my BBQ meatballs with my mayo-free coleslaw, and instant pot cauliflower mashed “potatoes,” for a delicious balanced meal. But feel free to make whatever sides you enjoy to go with BBQ meatballs.
Meal prep and storing:
I like to meal prep these meatballs ahead of time so that during the week I just have to reheat and enjoy a quick dinner after work. And the nice thing about these meatballs is that they can also be frozen. But if you plan on freezing them skip the sauce part and just freeze without the sauce. And when you plan on enjoying them, defrost, add to pan, add sauce, and heat up. And if you aren’t freezing them, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eat within 3-4 days.
Air fried BBQ Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground chicken substitute any type of ground meat you have
- 1/3 cup pork rinds substitute bread crumbs, almond meal, or omit
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeño
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro or parsley + and extra for garnish
- 1 large pasture raised egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp primal palate BBQ seasoning rub
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 jars of Primal Kitchen Foods BBQ sauce use 1/4 cup in the meatballs
- Add everything to a bowl, including 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce
- Mix with your hands and form 15 bite size meatballs
- Spray air fryer dish with avocado oil and cook 370 for 12-15 minutes
- In a small pan add the rest of the BBQ sauce and warm,
- Add the cooked meatballs and coat the meatballs in the sauce and let marinate a few minutes with the heat on low