I did a poll on Instagram asking what I should do with my ripe bananas. And here are the top three answers to the poll, banana bread, banana nice cream, and muffins. And to be honest these are all great suggestions but I’ve already had enough of those during this quarantine.
Tahini banana bread baked oats:
I decided to go with some tahini banana bread baked oats because I have been obsessed with anything with oatmeal in it. And I am glad I went with this combo because boy did it come out super tasty.
Ingredients you will need:
- Ripe bananas
- Sprouted gluten free oats (feel free to use whatever oats you have on hand)
- Flax eggs (substitute regular eggs)
- Baking soda
- Tahini (substitute any nut or seed butter you have)
- Maple syrup
How to prepare:
I first started by preparing my flax “eggs.” And the way to do this is to add the flaxseed meal and filtered water to a bowl, mix, and let sit for about 10 minutes. The consistency should be a gel like consistency. And once ready add it to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix. I sprayed a baking dish (4×6) with avocado oil spray in cinnamon flavor, added the batter, topped with 1/2 banana, and baked 350 F for 25 minutes.
How to enjoy:
This makes for a perfect breakfast alone but I like pairing mine with some cottage cheese and blueberries.
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator. And I will either eat them cold or reheat in my convection oven for a few minutes.
Check out these other baked oat recipes:
Chocolate chip banana bread baked oats
Tahini Banana Bread Baked Oats
- 1 cup gf sprouted oats
- 2 1/2 ripe bananas
- 2 flax eggs 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Prep flax eggs by mixing flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 10 minutes
- Add 2 ripe bananas and with fork smash up and add rest of ingredients to bowl, and mix
- Add to a sprayed 4x6 baking dish
- Top with remainder of 1/2 banana
- Bake 350 for 25-30 minutes