Shrimp pesto spaghetti squash pasta:
This shrimp pesto spaghetti squash “pasta” is the perfect weeknight meal. It can easily be prepared in under 30 minutes after a long day at work or meal prepped ahead of time. And don’t worry if you are looking for a plant-based version I have one for you.
First step: preparing the spaghetti squash in instant pot:
I first prepared the spaghetti squash in my instant pot. But if you don’t have an instant pot don’t worry you can still make this dish. Just cut your spaghetti squash in half, place in a baking dish with about 1/2 cup water, and place face down, and bake 400 F for 30 minutes. You can find out how I made mine in my instant pot here.
Prepare the pesto:
Next, I prepared my easy peasy homemade dairy-free cilantro pesto. It is super easy to make and I’m pretty sure you will stop buying sore bought after making this. Here is the recipe for my dairy-free cilantro pesto.
But if you want to save some time feel free to pick up your favorite store bought pesto.
Now there are two version that can easily be made with this recipe, the first is a plant-based version and the other is with the wild caught prawns. Both versions are equally delicious but it just depends on your preference.
First, I added my ghee to a large pan, added my onions, mushrooms, salt + pepper, and sautéed for 5-7 minutes. Once the mushrooms and onions are sautéed add the spaghetti squash, pesto, crushed peppers, and mix. Top with cilantro, pumpkin seeds, and enjoy!
Cook the onions, mushrooms with ghee, salt + pepper for 5-7 minutes. And then add the wild caught prawns, crushed peppers, and the Super Gyro seasoning, and cook a couple minutes. Once done, add the spaghetti squash, pesto, and mix.
Shrimp pesto spaghetti squash pasta
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash I cooked mine in my instant pot
- 1 cup homemade cilantro pesto
- 1 lb wild caught Vital Choice prawns
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart Garlic ghee
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 1/2 Tbsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning sub dried oregano, parsley
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppers
- Warm your ghee in a large pan
- Add your diced onions, mushrooms, and salt + pepper to pan
- Sauté your mushroom and onions for 5-7 minutes
- Add your wild caught prawns and super gyro seasoning, crushed peppers, and cook a couple minutes
- Add your cooked spaghetti squash along with the pesto to the pan with shrimp and mix
- Top with cilantro and enjoy