This breakfast frittata taste like fall in your mouth with the combination of fresh sage and riced butternut squash. This flavor combination is one of my favorites when making my breakfast frittatas and is super easy to prepare.
You will need:
- Riced butternut squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
Saute your veggies, sage, and onions, with some ghee or avocado oil for 5-7 minutes and let cool. Whisk your eggs in a separate bowl and once your veggies are cooled add to your eggs, along with chopped kale, and mix. Pour into a lined 8×8 baking dish and bake on 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Side note: If you don’t want to spend hours trying to get the eggs off your baking dish, I suggest you line your baking dish with parchment paper for an easy clean up.
Sage + butternut squash frittata
- 3/4 cup riced butternut squash threw chunks of butternut squash in food processor
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped sage
- Handful of kale
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee Sub avocado oil
- Sauté your veggies with ghee for a few minutes.
- In separate bowl whisk eggs, once veggie mixture cools add to eggs, and mix.
- Add to a lined 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and bake 350 for 30-35 minutes.