You all know the love I have for my Italian food, so you betcha while I was doing my Whole30 I had to create my version of chicken parmesan. This recipe is loaded with flavor, it is Paleo, grain free, and made with Whole30 approved ingredients. If you aren’t doing a Whole30 feel free to add in parmesan cheese and use regular pasta in place of the zucchini noodles.
Almond meal versus almond flour:
Now I want to be clear that for this recipe I am using ALMOND MEAL not almond flour. There is a difference in the consistency and I have found that almond meal works better than almond flour.
When prepping the chicken you want to set up your dredging stations:
- One bowl with the whisked eggs
- Second bowl with the almond meal and seasoning mixture
Preparing the chicken:
You are going to dip your chicken in the egg mixture first and then into the almond meal mixture. Add your chicken to a lined baking dish and bake 350 F for 30 minutes. Once done add some tomato sauce on top of the chicken and broil for 5 minutes. I prefer fresh cilantro on top but you could also add fresh parsley or basil if that’s your jam!
For my zucchini noodles, I use my spiralizer to spiralize my noodles. If I am meal prepping this meal on Sunday, I will prepare the chicken ahead of time, spiralize my zoodles, and store in separate tupperware. I keep my zoodles raw if prepping on Sunday so that they don’t get soggy. They typically will last 4-5 days in my refrigerator in an airtight container.
The night I plan on having for dinner, I will reheat my chicken in my convection oven along with my raw zoodles sprayed with some Fourth and Heart original ghee, salt and pepper on 350 F for 10 minutes.
Paleo Chicken Parmesan Without the Parmesan
- 1 lb Chicken tenders
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Primal Palate amore seasoning
- 1 tsp Fourth and Heart original ghee sub avocado oil
- 3 Zucchini’s spiralized
- 1/4 cup sugar free tomato sauce of your choosing
- Cilantro for garnish
- In one bowl add eggs and whisk. In a shallow dish add almond meal, seasonings and mix.
- Dip chicken breast in egg mixture then almond meal mixture and add to a greased 8x8 dish.
- Bake 350 for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes add tomato sauce on top of chicken and cook another 5 minutes.
- Sauté your zoodles with ghee, and salt + pepper for a couple minutes.(If you are meal prepping on Sunday keep zoodles raw and reheat with the chicken for 10 minutes in oven on the night you plan on having)
- Top Zoodles with chicken and garnish with cilantro.