One pan baked fajitas:
If you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal try out these one pan baked fajitas. These are loaded with flavor and you have a variety of options you could use this meal for. And they make for the perfect Cinco de Mayo meal to celebrate.
Here are some ways to use fajitas:
- Fajita wraps
- Taco salads
How to prepare in oven:
You are going to want to add your chicken, bell peppers, onions to a baking dish. Season with your Primal Palate taco seasoning and avocado oil. If you don’t have Primal Palate taco seasoning you could use:
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
Once you have seasoned your chicken, cover with foil, and bake 350 for 35-40 minutes.
How to prepare over stove top:
But you can also make these fajitas in a pan if you want a quicker dinner option. First start by sautéing sliced onions, bell peppers, ghee or avocado oil, salt and pepper to taste until nice and caramelized. I cooked mine about 10-15 minutes, stirring a few times throughout. And once done, I remove the sautéd veggies, and add my chicken, seasonings, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. And then you can add back in the sautéed veggies or keep them separate.
When it comes to my guacamole I like to keep mine simple and fresh by using:
- 3-4 avocados
- Juice of a lime or two
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 chopped cilantro
Add everything to a bowl, mix, and store in the fridge in an airtight container.
How to enjoy the fajitas:
Now once the fajitas are done you can either server over some butter lettuce for some light and refreshing taco wraps. But if you are digging some tacos grab your favorite tortillas and make some delicious tacos or burritos. And if tacos aren’t your jam, try making some nachos with Siete Foods chips. But my ultimate favorite way to enjoy, is in a taco salad!
Meal prep ahead:
What I love about this dish is that you can meal prep these ahead of time and have them all set for quick dinner options for the week. And to reheat the fajitas I either heat in a pan for a few minutes or in my convection oven.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. But if you are waiting to cook the fajitas the night you plan on having, I would just add everything to your baking dish so that night you plan on having, you can just throw in the oven.
One Pan Baked Fajitas
- 2 large chicken breast sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp Ghee or Avocado oil
- 1 large lime juiced
- 2 large red bell pepper
- 2 large green bell pepper
- 2 large orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tsp Primal Palate Taco Seasoning substitute: couple shakes of each: cumin, smoked paprika, coriander, oregano
- Mix everything in a baking dish and bake covered 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Stove top instructions
- Add ghee or oil to a large pan on medium low heat and warm oil (about 30 seconds)
- Add sliced onions, bell peppers, salt and pepper to taste. And sauté for 10-15 minutes, stirring a few times throughout
- Transfer cooked vegetables to a dish
- Add sliced chicken to same pan with seasonings, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink
- Add back in the sautéed vegetables or keep seperate