Here is a quick weeknight dinner to add to your menu rotation when needing a quick and delicious meal. I like to meal prep everything on Sunday and reheat during the busy work week. This helps me save time during the week and also allows me to stress about one less thing knowing I already have dinner prepared.
I like to prepare my steak in my instant pot because it leaves the meat tender, juicy, and just melts in your mouth. I have also found that Todd enjoys the meat better when cooked in the instant pot versus seared, baked, or sauteed. To prepare your instant pot steak follow these steps:
- Set your instant pot to saute function and heat your avocado oil
- Brown your bite sized steaks with salt + pepper for a couple minutes on each side
- Turn off your instant pot add your bone broth, mushrooms, and close your instant pot
- Set your instant pot to manual high pressure for 25 minutes and once done let the pressure release naturally (about 10 minutes)
- Once done remove the steak but leave the liquid in your instant pot and set your instant pot to saute function
- Add in some tapioca flour and stir throughout for about 5-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens into a gravy like consistency.
Now you are going to have to clean your pot to prepare your cauliflower mashed “potatoes.” If you don’t want to use cauliflower you can substitute regular potatoes but you will most likely have to cook longer in your instant pot (10 minutes on steam function).
- Add one cup of water to your pot
- Add your trivet and place your chopped cauliflower on top of the trivet
- Close your instant pot, seal the valve, and set to steam high pressure for 4 minutes
- Once done quick release the pressure, remove the trivet, and drain the water
- Add some California Garlic ghee (or butter), salt + pepper, and with an immersion blender blend. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can use a potato masher or transfer to a blender and blend.
I also roasted some asparagus in which I just added asparagus to a baking dish lined with parchment paper, added some avocado oil, salt + pepper, and baked 400 for 2o minutes.
If you are meal prepping this on Sunday you will want to store all your ingredients in separate tupperware. The day you plan on having, just reheat over stove top in a pan for a few minutes.
Instant Pot Steak and Cauliflower Mash
Instant pot Steak and “potatoes”
- 1 lb bison steak
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
Instant pot cauliflower mashed “potatoes”
- 1 large head of cauliflower chopped
- 1 tbsp California garlic ghee
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Bone Broth sub water
Instructions for steak
- Chop steak Into bite size pieces
- Heat your pot with avocado oil
- Add seasoned steak and brown a couple minutes each side
- Add 2 cups bone broth and 1 cup mushrooms
- Turn off instant pot, cover, seal valve, and set manual high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once done let pressure release naturally (10-15 minutes)
- Remove the steak and with the juice add a little bit of tapioca flour and sauté for 5-7 minutes to create a gravy
Instructions for cauliflower mash
- Add 1 cup water to pot, add trivet, place chopped cauliflower on top
- Close instant pot, seal valve, set to steam high pressure for 3 minutes
- Once done quick release of pressure
- Remove trivet from pot, add ghee, and with an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower
- Add salt + pepper to taste