Strawberry season is one of my favorites, because the options to use them up are endless. When it comes to shopping for my berries I make sure to only buy organic, as these do fall under the dirty dozen list, and are ranked as number 1. I would definitely recommend sticking to organic produce when possible if they fall within the dirty dozen list. You can check out the full list here.
Now that you have your organic strawberries here are some ideas on how to incorporate them:
- Strawberry Bruschetta On Sweet Potato Crostini’s
- Strawberry Shortcakes
- Strawberry Banana Coconut Muffins
- No Sugar Added Strawberry Shortcake Baked Oats
My new favorite way to incorporate strawberries include these Grain Free White Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cookies. They remind me so much of those strawberry shortcake ice cream bars I was obsessed with growing up. They are extra fluffy, moist, grain free, and with just the right amount of sweetness. I have not played around with substitutes for this recipe, so this will have to suffice, but if you do try alternatives please let me know what works.
What you will need for these White Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cookies:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Pasture raised eggs
- Maple syrup
- Baking soda
- Celtic sea salt
- White Chocolate chips
Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix.
Then add in the dry ingredients and mix.
Fold in the diced strawberries and white chocolate chips.
Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
With a small ice cream scooper, scoop about 1/4 cup of the dough, place on a lined baking sheet, and gently fallen with the palm of your hand.
Bake 350 F for 14-16 minutes.
I would suggest storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These were given to a variety of my taste testers and they all approved, even Todd approved. I can’t wait for you all to try these and let me know what you think. Happy baking friends.
Grain Free White Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup White chocolate chips
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add In dry ingredients and mix
- Store batter in fridge for 30 minutes to chill
- With a small Ice cream scooper, scoop about 1/4 cup of batter, add to a lined baking dish, flatten gently with palm of hand
- Top with more strawberries and white chocolate chips
- Bake 350 F for 14-16 minutes
- I stored mine in the refrigerator in an airtight container