Fun fact, I am not a huge huge fan of bruschetta, only because something about chunks of tomatoes kind of gross me out. I know what you all are thinking… I am strange. I love ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato soup, but you throw chunks of tomatoes in front of me, I am like “yeah no thanks.” So I remixed the classic bruschetta into a version I can get down with on the regular, STRAWBERRY BRUSCHETTA ON SWEET POTATO CROSTINI’S. It only requires 4 ingredients for the bruschetta and is a fool proof recipe.
This is the perfect appetizer for your summertime BBQ’s, pool parties, game night, that will leave your guest reaching for more! It also goes great on tacos, salmon, or chicken if you wanted to add it to your weeknight meals as a garnish.
Here is what you will need for the strawberry bruschetta:
- Fresh organic strawberries
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Simply add all ingredients to a bowl, mix, and store in the refrigerator to chill before serving.
While your bruschetta is chilling in the refrigerator prep your sweet potato crostini’s. Peel your sweet potato and cut into 1 inch think rounds. Add to a lined baking dish with parchment paper and bake 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until soft. I don’t add anything to the sweet potatoes and they cook perfectly without adding any oil of sorts.
Let the sweet potatoes cool and then top with some goat cheese, bruschetta, and top with additional mint.
Strawberry Mint Bruschetta
- 1 1/2 cups diced oragniac strawberries
- 1/3 cup diced Mint
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Optional ingredients for a sweeter bruschetta
- 1 Tbsp honey, maple syrup, or sugar of choice
How to prepare
- Chop the strawberries but be sure not to chop too small as this will make them get sooggier quicker
- Add the diced strawberries, chopped mint, olive oil, salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar, and mix
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes- hour before serving or enjoy at room temperature
Option 1 to serve with:
- Peel and cut your sweet potato into 1 inch thick rounds and bake 400°F for 20-25 minutes
- Top your sweet potato crostini's with some goat cheese, strawberry bruschetta, and fresh mint on top
Option 2 to serve with:
- Serve with homemade air fried cinnamon sugar tortilla chips or any type of store bought chips
Option 3 to serve with:
- Air fried salmon
Option 4 to serve with:
- On top of your favorite type of toasted bread