Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies:
I wanted to create some yummy grain-free chocolate chip cookies per Todd’s request. Well lets be honest, he didn’t request the grain-free part, but I am all about it so it was only inevitable. If Todd loved these cookies then it is guaranteed your picky eaters will love them too.
Ingredients you will need:
- Almond flour
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Primal Palate Maple sugar (substitute coconut sugar or any type of sugar you use)
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
How to prepare dough:
Making these cookies are SIMPLE. I added all the wet ingredients to a medium bowl and whisked together ingredients. Then I added the dry ingredients and mixed. Lastly, I folded in the chocolate chips, covered the bowl, and let sit in the refrigerator for an hour.
Once the batter is chilled I use a small ice cream scooper and scoop out 12 balls. I gently pressed down with my hand but didn’t flatten completely. Time may vary, I baked mine in my convection oven on 350 F for 8-10 minutes. If you like them soft and chewy I would recommend 7-8 minute and letting them sit on baking sheet for a couple minute before transferring to a wired rack.
I like to store mine in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days or in the freezer for a rainy day. These also make for the perfect addition for some bomb chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches.
Grain-Free Chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil softened not melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Primal Palate maple sugar sub coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add in dry Ingredients and mix
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour
- With a small ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto a lined baking sheet, and gently press down with hand
- Bake 350 F for 8-10 minutes