Grab and Go Snack Box Ideas:
Now you can stop buying those store bought snack boxes and make your own at home! These snack boxes are the perfect grab and go snack option for your busy weeks. And you can mix and match the items you include to your liking.
And to make these snack boxes possible, grab yourself your favorite divider snack boxes. My personally favorite are U-konserve stainless steel containers. They are super convenient and they have a variety of options to choose from.
Snack box number 1:
Charcuterie boxes on the go
Now who doesn’t love a charcuterie board? And now you can have one for your next grab and go snack option for the week. Here is what I included in my box. But feel free to add whatever your favorite charcuterie board items are.
- Salami rose
- Lamb salami
- Cheese’s of choice: I used asiago, manchego, and blueberry chèvre goat cheese
- Crackers of choice: I used flatbread bites and fig + olive crisps
- Fruits of choice: I did raspberries stuffed with white chocolate chips, strawberries, and blackberries
- Nuts of choice: I used coconut roasted almonds
Snack box number 2:
Veggie and hummus boxes on the go
And think of this box as a crudité platter on the go. Fresh vegetables and two different homemade hummus options. Here is what I used for mine. But feel free to use your favorite seasonal vegetables and if you don’t want to make your homemade hummus, feel free to use your favorite store bought hummus.
- Roasted beet hummus
- Cilantro Greek hummus
- Rainbow carrots
- Flatbread bites
- Blanched green beans
- Persian cucumbers
Is prepping the homemade hummus easy?
Yes! These two homemade hummus options are super easy to prepare. And I promise, after you make your own at home, you will stop buying store bought hummus. And they are a great prep ahead option, which will make creating the boxes extra quick if prepped ahead of time.
Can I meal prep these in advance?
Yes, these snack boxes are a great prep ahead option. But I would suggest adding the crackers in the morning before heading out the door.
How do I store it?
And once you have your snack boxes prepped, store in the refrigerator, and consume within 3-4 days of making.
Cilantro Greek Hummus
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped Persian cucumber
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp feta cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Add everything to food processor and process until you get a smooth consistency
- Add it to a bowl
- Top with the topping
- Enjoy with pita chips, pita bread, flat bread, crackers, veggies
Roasted Beet Hummus
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3-4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 small beet roasted
- 2 Tbsp leftover juice from draining chickpeas or water
- Peel and chop your beet into cubes.
- Add to liner baking dish along with garlic cloves. Spray with avocado oil, salt + pepper, and bake 400 F for 30 minutes
- Drain the chickpeas reserving some of the liquid. Optional peel off the skins of chickpeas
- Add everything to food processor and process until you get a creamy consistency.
- Add to a bowl, drizzle more olive oil, and hemp seeds
- Keep stored in airtight container in the refrigerator