Gluten-Free date bars:
These gluten-free date bars are sure to be a crowd pleaser at you next holiday festivity. They are gluten-free, refined sugar free, and super easy to prepare. And they can even be made vegan by using coconut oil in place of the ghee.
- Gluten-free sprouted oats
- Almond flour
- Fourth and Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee or Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut sugar
- Baking soda
- Medjool dates
- Candied pecans
- Maple syrup
How to prepare the cookie layer:
I add everything from the cookie layer to my food processor and pulse about 3-5 times. I line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. And then I press down using my fingers to create an even layer of the cookie crust.
Date caramel layer:
For the date caramel I add everything to my food processor and I process until I get a creamy, smooth, date caramel. Then I add an even layer on top of the cookie layer and prepare the crumble.
Lastly, for the crumble layer I add all the ingredients to food processor and pulse a couple times or until I get a sticky sand like consistency. But please make sure you are pulsing versus processing when using the food processor. Because if you process when I say to pulse, you will end up with nut butter versus a crumble.
Baking and storing bars:
Now that the layers are set I bake 350 F for 15 minutes. I like to enjoy warm but they taste just as good cold. I store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They also freeze well so they can be made ahead of time and reheated in convection day you plan on enjoying.
- 1 cup gf sprouted oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp vanilla bean ghee sub coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup soaked medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup gf sprouted oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean ghee sub coconut oil
- 1/3 cup candied pecans sub raw pecans
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Prepare the base layer by adding everything to food processor and pulsing a few times.
- Add to an 8x8 baking lined with parchment paper and press down with your hands until you get an even layer
- Add ingredients for middle layer to food processor and process until smooth consistency and add to bottom layer
- Add ingredients for crumble to food processor and pulse a couple time until you get sand like consistency and add on top
- Bake 350 for 15 minutes
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator
- Cut into 9 bars and enjoy