Gingersnap Pear and Cranberry Crisp:
If this gingersnap pear and cranberry crisp doesn’t scream the holiday’s, I don’t know what will. I get super excited when I see the first batch of fresh cranberries in my grocery store. And if you don’t know this about me yet, I love to bake! So with my first batch of cranberries I went to work and created this gingersnap pear and cranberry crisp. It is super easy to prepare and basically foolproof, so what are you waiting for?
Here is what you’ll need for the base:
- Fresh organic cranberries (frozen will work too)
- Diced pears
- Maple syrup
- Tapioca flour
- Orange zest
- Primal Palate’s Gingersnap seasoning (sub ginger spice, cinnamon, allspice)
Prepping the base:
I simply add all my ingredients for the base to a greased 8×8 baking dish, and mix everything with my hands. And I set it aside while I prep the yummy crumble.
Making the crumble:
Now here comes the good part, the crumble. This isn’t just your average crumble, I am talking straight addicting, you may eat it all before adding it to your base, you have been warned! I used a grain free gingerbread granola that I am obsessed with, but unfortunately it is only around for a limited time. But you can still make this even without the granola.
Ingredients for crumble:
- Wildway grain free gingerbread granola (sub chopped dates, pumpkin seeds, pecans, or any grain free granola)
- Raw Pecans
- Almond flour (sub any flour you’d like)
- Maple syrup
- Fourth and Hearts vanilla Madagascar ghee (sub coconut oil)
- Primal Palate gingersnap seasoning
How to make the crumble:
I like to add all my ingredients for the crumble to my food processor and pulse a couple times. But please be sure to pulse and not process in your food processor. Because you will end up with a nut butter versus a crumble! The crumble should resemble a sand like consistency. Once crumble is prepared I top my cranberry and pear base and bake 350 F for 35-40 minutes.
Once it is done, let it cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle some raw melted coconut butter on top and serve warm. Happy Holidays babes!
Gingersnap Pear and Cranberry Crisp
- 3 large bosc pears chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Primal Palate gingersnap seasoning substitute 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp orange zest.
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Fourth and Heart vanilla Madagascar ghee Substitute coconut oil
- 1 tsp Primal Palate gingersnap seasoning substitute 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp all spice, 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Wildway grain free gingerbread granola Optional
- Mix all ingredients for filling in a bowl and add to a greased 8x8 baking dish
- Prepare crumble by mixing everything with your hands or in a food processor
- Dollop the crumble over the filling
- Bake 350 for 35-40 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Drizzle melted coconut butter on top and serve warm
- Store in an air tight container in fridge