Ice cream sandwiches:
If you are looking for a spring or summer treat I have you covered with these chocolate M&M oatmeal ice cream sandwiches. They are super easy to prepare, perfect for prepping ahead of time. And a dessert you can always have stashed in your freezer for when that sweet tooth comes a knocking.
Here is what I used to make the cookies:
- Sunbutter no sugar added sunflower seed butter (you can substitute any nut/seed butter you’d like)
- Sprouted gluten free quick oats
- Almond flour
- Pasture raised eggs
- Maple syrup
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil
- 1 6 0z. bag of Unreal milk chocolate gems
- Optional add in: flaxseed meal for that extra fiber
Do you have any substitutes for this recipe?
Sorry at this time I have not tried any substitutes for this recipe. And I would hate for you to waste ingredients testing out a variety of different ingredients that I have not tried personally. But if you do try anything other than what is listed here and it works I would love to hear what was used.
How to prepare the cookies:
I mixed my wet ingredients first and then added in the dry ingredients and mixed with my handheld mixer. I folded in 1/2 the bag of the milk chocolate gems and placed the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes. Once they were done chilling I used a small ice cream scoop to scoop out batter. I placed on a lined baking dish, gently flattened with my hand, and topped with more chocolate gems. I baked 350 for 8-10 minutes. Once done let you cookies cool completely.
Making the ice cream sandwiches:
Once the cookies have cooled, add your favorite vanilla ice cream or gelato in between two cookies, and gently push together.
How to store:
I like to individually wrap each ice cream sandwich and store in the freezer.
Chocolate M&M Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup sprouted gf oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup sunflower butter substitute any nut or seed butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 6 oz. bag Unreal milk chocolate gems Sub M&M's, chocolate No No's, chocolate chips
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in the chocolate gems
- You can bake right away (room temperature) or chill the dough for 30 minutes
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop dough, place onto a lined baking dish, top with more chocolate gems
- Bake 350°F for 8-10 minutes
- Let your cookies cool for 3-5 minutes before trasnferring to a wired cooling rack