Do you have some ripe bananas and some zucchini’s you have been wanting to use up? You must try out this grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free chocolate chip zucchini banana bread. I like meal prepping a loaf at the beginning of the week, so that I have a quick grab and go breakfast or snack for my busy day. I like pairing mine with a big scoop of cashew butter and a side of yogurt for a balanced breakfast.
Step 1 (you don’t want to skip this step):
To speed up the process I added my zucchini’s to my food processor and pulsed a few times to dice. Now this step you don’t want to skip, add your diced zucchini to a colander and add a pinch of salt. The reason why you want to do this step is to draw out the moisture the zucchini withholds. I let mine sit for about 10 minutes and then I add it to a mesh bag (cheese cloth or nut milk bag) and squeeze out all the water from the zucchini. Now you won’t end up with a soggy bread. Now you are ready to prepare the rest of the bread.
Add your wet ingredients to your high powered blender and blend.
Add your dry ingredients to blender and blend until well incorporated.
Fold in the zucchini and the mini chocolate chips
Add your batter to a lined baking dish and top with more chocolate chips
Bake 350 F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Let cool completely before slicing
Chocolate chip zucchini banana bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 pasture raised eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal optional
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips + more for topping
- Add two zucchini’s to food processor and pulse a couple times to dice (you can chop by hand too)
- Add diced zucchini to a colander add a pinch of salt and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Add zucchini to a cheese cloth or a nut mylk bag and squeeze out all the liquid from the zucchini
- Add wet Ingredients to blender and blend
- Add in dry ingredients and blend
- Fold in chocolate chips, zucchini, and mix
- Pour in a lined loaf pan, and top with more chocolate chips
- Bake 350 for 45-50 minutes (Baking time may vary depending on oven, once toothpick comes out clean you are good)