Carrot Cake Muffins
Spring time to me means one thing….CARROT CAKE SEASON. I mean there really doesn’t have to be a season to be able to enjoy these grain free carrot cake muffins, they really are good all year round. But if you are needing a breakfast, brunch, or dessert option for your next Easter festivities, I would definitely add these to your list. They are definitely a crowd pleaser, even with the pickiest of eaters.
I kept the muffin part less on the sweet side, since the candied pecan adds the right amount of sweetness. You could definately adjust to the sweetness level you want by adding in more maple syrup. You can easily omit the pecan crumble if that isn’t your thing, but i definitely wouldn’t recommend it.
In order to make your homemade candied pecans I would suggest you consider purchasing Primal Palates cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning, this seasoning is EVERYTHING. To prep the candied pecans is super easy and you will never buy store bought candied pecans again. Making your candied pecans is simple. Add your raw pecans to a baking dish lined with parchment paper, add your maple syrup, and cinnamon sugar cookie (can sub coconut sugar and cinnamon), mix, and bake 350 for 10-15 minutes. Let sit and cool and then break up with your hands. Then you can proceed with making your candied pecan crumbles by adding in rest of the ingredients to your food processor to get a sand like consistency for your crumble.
As many of you know my favorite “frosting” to use with a lot of my baked goods consist of melted raw coconut butter. If you haven’t tried this as a replacement to your traditional frostings, you should try it.
I hope you all enjoy these muffins as much as I do, and of course if you have any questions feel free to reach out.
Carrot cake muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Melted Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 cup homemade candied pecans or sub regular pecans candied pecans: @primalpalate cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning, maple syrup, baked 350 for 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix
- Fold in raisins and carrots and mix
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop dough into lined muffin tin
- For crumble: add ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times
- Add crumble to top of the muffins
- Bake 350 for 22-25 minutes (I did 22 in my convection oven).
- Let cool and drizzle with melted coconut butter