Air fried twice baked mini potatoes:
I recently went to the Farmers Market and picked up the prettiest new potatoes, aka mini potatoes. And I wanted to create some twice baked potatoes with them. And what a great decision that was because they turned out delicious. Even Mr. picky approved!
Ingredients you will need for potatoes:
- New potatoes (mini potatoes) but you can also use any type of potatoes you like
- Cream cheese (substitute dairy free cream cheese)
- Cheddar cheese (substitute dairy free cheese)
- Grass fed butter or ghee (substitute your favorite dairy free butter or ghee if you can do dairy)
- Green onions
- Chopped cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado oil spray
How to prepare potatoes in air fryer:
First, make sure to wash your potatoes really well and dry. And then spray the mini potatoes with avocado oil, and sprinkle some flakey salt all over. Add to air fryer basket and cook 400°F for 30 minutes. And once done let them cool for 10 minutes.
Creating the filling:
And once the potatoes have cooled a bit, place the potatoes on a cutting board, and wherever they sit naturally, slice a tiny bit of the top of the potatoes off. And with a tiny spoon, carefully scoop out the center of the potatoes, and add to a small bowl. Along with the potatoes, add butter, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, salt + pepper, chopped green onions, and mix. And then stuff each potato, top with extra cheddar cheese, and bacon. Place back in the air fryer 400° for a few minutes or until the cheese is melted. And top with more chopped green onions.
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
And don’t worry, if you don’t have an air fryer you can still make these. Follow the same directions for air frying, only you will bake in the oven 400°F for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. And follow the same directions above for creating the filling and transfer back to oven for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Can I make these dairy free?
Yes, if you want to make these dairy free, substitute the cheese’s with your favorite dairy free cheese’s. And for the butter, you can use your favorite dairy free, plant based butter of choice.
Can I make these vegan?
And if you want to make these vegan, you totally can! Use your favorite plant based cheese’s, butter, and use any plant based bacon you like, or omit entirely.
Can I meal prep in advance?
These mini twice baked potatoes are perfect for meal prepping in advance. I like to prep a batch on Sunday, store in an airtight container, and reheat in either my air fryer or oven during the week.
Check out these other potato recipes:
Twice Baked Air Fried Mini Potatoes
- 8 round red and white new potatoes substitute any type of potatoes you have
- 3 oz cream Cheese substitute dairy free cream cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp grass fed butter substitute dairy free butter
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 4 slices cooked bacon chopped + 1 Tbsp for topping
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese substitute dairy free cheese of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil spray
Instructions for Air Fryer:
- Wash potatoes really well
- Spray with avocado oil and sprinkle some salt all over
- Add to air fryer and cook 400° F for 30 minutes (if doing russet potatoes cook time will be longer 45-60 minutes)
- Once done let potatoes cool a few minutes
- Place the baby potatoes on a cutting board and wherever they sit naturally then slice the tops off
- And carefully scoop out the inside of the potato and place in a medium bowl
- Mix the potato, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions, butter, salt and pepper until incorporated
- With a small spoon, spoon the potato mixture into each potato, until fully stuffed
- Sprinkle some extra cheese and chopped bacon on top
- Return to air fryer on 400° F 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted
Instructions for Baking:
- Follow the same instructions for air fryer only bake in the oven 400°F for 30-35 minutes