Air fried coconut shrimp:
I love coconut shrimp! And these air fried coconut shrimps are super easy to throw together for a quick weeknight dinner option. But if you aren’t a fan of coconut, don’t worry you can mix and match the breading you use on yours based on your preference.
Ingredients you will need:
- Wild Artisan Sinaloa Blue Shrimp peeled and deveined or any type of shrimp you dig
- Arrowroot flour (substitute tapioca flour or any type of flour you use)
- Toasted raw coconut
- Everything Nut crumbs (substitute any type of bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic avocado oil spray (substitute any type of oil you use)
- Primal Kitchen Foods Cocktail sauce
What if I don’t like coconut?
If you aren’t a fan of coconut don’t worry, you can still make these air fried shrimps. Instead of adding the toasted raw coconut just omit it and use the nut crumbs, bread crumbs, or panko bread crumbs.
How to prepare the air fried shrimp:
Pat dry the shrimp to get any excess moisture off. And then set up your dredging stations, by adding the flour to one bowl, whisked egg, and the toasted coconut, salt + pepper to taste, and nut crumbs in another bowl. Add the shrimp to the flour first, then the egg mixture, and then the nut crumbs. And add the coated shrimp to a greased air fryer dish. Spray the tops with a little bit of avocado oil spray and cook 370 for 10-12 minutes.
What to serve them with:
These are a perfect appetizer idea to serve alongside with some cocktail sauce. But if you want to make it a full meal, just add your favorite vegetables, and cooked rice, to make a complete meal. My personal favorite is making buttery instant pot white rice, roasted broccoli, and the air fried coconut shrimp.
Air Fried Coconut Shrimp:
- 12 oz Wild Artisan Sinaloa blue shrimp peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour Substitute tapioca flour or any type of flour you use
- 1/2 cup toasted raw coconut
- 1 cup Everything Nut Crumbs Substitute bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Garlic avocado oil spray
- Primal Kitchen foods cocktail sauce
- 1 lime sliced
- Pat dry your shrimps
- Set up your dredging stations by adding arrowroot flour to one bowl, whisked egg to another, and the toasted coconut, salt and pepper, and nut crumbs to another bowl
- Dip shrimp in arrowroot flour and coat
- Dip in egg wash and coat
- Dip in nut crumbs and coconut mix and coat
- Add to a sprayed air fryer pan
- Cook 370 for 10-12 minutes (I cooked mine for 10 minutes)
- Enjoy with squeeze of lime juice and Primal Kitchen Foods cocktail sauce