Air fried chicken nuggets:
If you don’t know this about me now, I love to recreate our favorite comfort foods into a healthier option. Mostly for Todd, because that boy loves his take out, and I am trying to show him that being healthy doesn’t have to be BORING. So tonight I decided I was going to make him some chicken nuggets and instead of baking, like I typically do, I was going to air fry them and see which way he likes better.
What you will need to make these chicken nuggets includes:
- Chicken breast diced up into bite size pieces
- Almond Meal (NOT ALMOND FLOUR) or my new favorite Italian “bread” crumbs from Nut Crumbs
- Pasture raised eggs
- Primal Palate amore seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Primal Kitchen Foods unsweetened ketchup or their new Mango jalapeño BBQ sauce
Note: if deciding to use Nut Crumbs Italian “bread” crumbs omits the amore seasoning, turmeric, salt + pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
Set up your dredging stations:
You are going to set up your dredging stations by having one bowl with the chopped chicken, another bowl with the whisked eggs, and the other bowl with the almond meal and seasonings or the nut bread crumbs.
Preparing the chicken nuggets:
Dip the chicken in eggs, then the almond meal mixture or the nut bread crumbs, and add to your sprayed air fryer pan. Bake 370 in your air fryer for 15 minutes.
What to enjoy them with:
There are multiple ways you can enjoy these chicken nuggets. As an appetizer or as a well balanced meal, the choice is up to you. I like to meal prep mine on Sunday’s and during the week I reheat in my convection oven on 400 F for 10 minutes (not it doesn’t dry out the chicken nuggets). I then pair it with some roasted broccoli and my instant pot cauliflower mash.
If you don’t have an air fryer then bake them:
Todd ended up preferring the air fryer method versus baking because he said it actually tasted like something he would get at Chick-fil-a, and that my friends is what we call a SUCCESS.
But if you don’t have an air fryer you can try out my baking method here.
Air Fried Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb Buy Ranch Direct chicken breast
- 2 large pasture raised eggs
- 1 cup almond meal Substitute Nut Crumbs Italian "bread" crumbs
- 2 tbsp Primal Palate amore seasoning Substitute oregano, thyme, basil, parsley, red chili flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Cut your chicken in bite size pieces
- Whisk your eggs in a shallow bowl
- In another bowl mix your almond meal and seasonings or Italian Nut Crumbs (omit seasonings if using nut crumbs)
- Dip your chicken in egg mixture then in almond meal or nut crumbs
- Add to greased air fryer dish
- Air Fry 370 F for 15 minutes
- Serve with Primal Kitchen Foods unsweetened ketchup or their new Mango Jalapeño BBQ sauce