The funny thing about the word “healthy” is that it can take on a variety of definitions dependent on who you are talking to. What is healthy for one person may not be healthy to another person, but I think it is important to do what is best for YOU. Do what works for your body, for your emotional relationship around food, and ultimately what will make you HAPPY. For me healthy means finding a healthy balance and a good relationship around food. This means enjoying your favorite foods without feeling guilty, this means eating the dessert when you are craving it, this means not punishing yourself after indulging over the weekend, this means 0 deprivation, and ultimately FOOD FREEDOM.
So bust out your air fryer and whip up a batch of these better than fast food grain free, Paleo, Whole30 approved chicken tenders. Being healthy does not have to be boring or deprive you from your favorite foods. Yes you may need to dedicate more time in the kitchen and make your own meals, but in the end it will be worth it I promise.
What you will need:
- Chicken tenders
- Pasture raised eggs
- Almond meal
- Primal Palate Super gyro seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil spray
You are going to set up your dredging station by whisking eggs in one bowl, whisking the almond meal with seasoning in another bowl. Then dip your chicken in the egg mixture, then the almond meal mixture, and add to a lined baking dish.
There are two way’s you can cook these:
- Air fryer method: 370 F for 10-12 minutes depending on how thick your chicken tenders are
- Baking method: 350 F for 30 minutes
Paleo, Grain Free, Whole30 Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 Tbsp Primal Palate super gyro seasoning
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Crushed pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- In a shallow bowl whisk eggs, in another bowl add almond meal, seasonings, and mix.
- Dip chicken tenders in egg wash, then almond meal mixture.
- Add to a lined baking dish and bake 350 for 20 minutes.
- If you have an air fryer transfer and cook 370 for 10-12 minutes, flipping half way through
- If you don’t have air fryer just cook 350 for 30 minutes on a lined baking sheet