Vegan roasted tomato and jalapeño soup:
Nothing says comfort food more than some cozy roasted tomato and jalapeño soup. Now a fun fact about me is that I HATE tomatoes, I know crazy right? So the fact that I can eat tomato soup like a champ baffles my mind. This tomato soup I crave at least once a month and guess what…yup you guessed it, it is super simple to prepare. Are you all sick of me telling you how easy these recipes are to prepare? I hope not because that is my goal with Melissa’s Healthy Kitchen, is to show you how eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated or have you in the kitchen for HOURS.
For this soup here is what you will need:
- Tomatoes (I used Roma tomatoes but you can use whatever type you like)
- Jalapeño make sure to remove the seeds
- Garlic cloves
- Salt + pepper
- Vegetable Broth
- Avocado oil
- Super Seedz Maple Sugar + sea salt pumpkin seeds
- Fresh cilantro
The preparation of this soup consists of:
- Roasting your tomatoes, onions, whole garlic cloves, jalapeño, with avocado oil, salt and pepper on 400 F for about 25-30 minutes. I like to just roughly chop everything so that everything gets roasted evenly.
- Once they are done roasting you will find that there is a lot of liquid that came about the roasting process. You will carefully transfer everything to a blender and blend. I suggest you do this step first because then you can judge how much more vegetable broth you should add.
- If you like it thick add less vegetable broth if you like it thinner you may need to add more than 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- It will all depend on your preference
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper
- Top with Super Seedz maple sugar and sea salt pumpkin seeds and fresh cilantro. But feel free to use any type of nuts or seeds on top. And vegan grilled cheese croutons are also a great addition.
Roasted Tomato jalapeño soup:
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 4-6 Roma Tomatoes sub any type of tomatoes you like
- 1/2 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeño deseeded you could omit if you can't handle the heat
- 4-5 whole cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Add everything to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Drizzle with avocado oil, add salt and pepper and bake 400 for 25-30 minutes
- Carefully transfer to blender, add vegetable broth, and blend up (add more broth if you want your soup thinner consistency or add less if you want it thicker consistency)
- Top with maple sugar + sea salt pumpkin seeds and fresh cilantro