The question I get asked a lot on Instagram is do I eat carbs? The answer is 100% YESS, carbs are LIFE. However, I am also that girl who craves all the vegetables and prefer sometimes eating all the veggies over carbs. It is all about listening to your body and giving it what it wants, our bodies definitely know best.
This spaghetti squash or zoodle “pasta” bowls is one of my go to’s when I am craving Italian food but not the heavy addition of pasta. You can either make this dish with spaghetti squash “pasta” or spiralize some zucchini to create some zoodles.
This is what I will prep on Sunday to have this all ready for the week:
- Prepare the ground sausage mixture and place in a tupperware
- Spiralize my zucchini’s and place raw in my airtight container, this will last about 4-5 days if you keep the zoodles raw
- I will steam my spaghetti squash in my instant pot and shred to form the “pasta” and place in a tupperware
The night I plan on having this for dinner, I simply take my zoodles and add to a pan with some oil and cook a few minutes until they get soft. I then top with my ground sausage mixture I heated in the same pan, and you have a 5 minute dinner prep for your busy weeknights.
I do the same for the spaghetti squash “pasta” bowl. I will reheat the spaghetti squash in a pan with some oil for a couple minutes, in the same pan to the side I will reheat the ground sausage mixture.
Spaghetti squash “pasta” bowl
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 lb Buy Ranch Direct ground turkey sausage
- 1 zucchini
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee
- 1 cup marinera sauce
- 1 small spaghetti squash I cooked in my instant pot whole on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- I then let cool, cut in half, scooped out seeds, and put back in instant pot for another 10 on high pressure.
- Heat pan with ghee and sauté onions, add sausage and cook until no longer pink (5-7 minutes).
- Add in zucchini, cilantro, and red bell pepper, and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add sauce, mix, and add to spaghetti squash.