This garlicky shrimp scampi is one of my favorites! Because it is done in under 20 minutes, super easy to prep, and oh so tasty!
Ingredients you will need:
- Shrimp of choice, I used petite wild Oregon pink shrimp that were precooked
- Olive oil
- Ghee or butter
- Salt + pepper
- Gluten free spaghetti or linguini
- Chili flakes
- Parmesan cheese
How to prepare the garlic sauce:
Add the olive oil and ghee to a large pan and warm through on medium heat. Once the oil is warm (not hot) add the diced onions, salt + pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes. And then add the minced garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add in the shrimp with fresh cilantro and cook a few minutes. But if you are using raw shrimp in this recipe, cook a bit longer, or until the shrimp is no longer pink.
Cooking the pasta:
Cook the pasta of choice according to package. And once the pasta is done cooking, drain the water, and add the pasta to the pan with the shrimp. Give it a nice mix and if needed add in some more olive oil to coat the pasta.
Topping the pasta:
And once everything is nice and mixed. Add more fresh cilantro on top, juice of one lemon, chili flakes, and parmesan cheese.
And what is pasta without the homemade garlic bread? Grab your favorite bread, I used sourdough, add ghee, Amore seasoning, garlic powder, salt, parmesan cheese, and add to toaster oven, and cook for 5 minutes.
Can I meal prep this ahead of time?
Yes, this dish can be meal prepped ahead of time. And the night you plan on enjoying, simply reheat in a pan with some additional olive oil until warmed through.
How do I store my leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. And enjoy within 2-3 days of prepping it.
What if I don’t like shrimp?
This dish is meant to be enjoyed with shrimp. But if shrimp is not your jam try it with clams, scallops, or mussels. And If seafood just isn’t your jam, then I would say this recipe is not one to try :).
Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi
- 1 lb petite wild Oregon pink shrimp or any shrimp you have access to
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Original Ghee Sub butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 package gluten free spaghetti I use Jovial Foods
- 4 slices bread of choice I used sourdough
- 1 Tbsp ghee Substitute butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp Amore Seasoning Substitute: 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Fleur de sel See Salt Substitute any salt you use
- Add olive oil and ghee to a large pan and warm on medium heat
- Add onions, salt + pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add shrimp and fresh cilantro and cook a couple minutes (my shrimp was precooked so just wanted them to get the garlic flavor) if yours are raw cook until no longer pink
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain once done cooking
- Add cooked spaghetti to pan
- Mix it all up, top with more fresh, and juice of a lemon
- Top with parmesan cheese, red chili flakes, and enjoy!
- Spread ghee all over the top of the sliced bread
- Sprinkle the seaosonings on each slice
- Toast for 5 minutes in toaster oven or bake 350°F for 5 minutes or until desired crispiness