As you all know one of my favorite items to meal prep are meatballs. The reason why I love prepping them is because the flavor combinations are endless, they go perfectly with a variety of meals, and eating leftovers are never boring. It allows you to have a variety of meals throughout the week, because you can mix and match different items meal prepped to make different meals during the week. The combination of the apple, sage, and pork will make your taste buds dance with excitement, they are that good.
Here is what I used to make the meatballs:
- Buy Ranch Direct ground pork
- Diced apple
- Fresh sage
- Fourth and Heart California Garlic Ghee (sub any oil you use)
- Smoked paprika
- Salt + pepper to taste
You are going to add your ghee to your pan and heat. Then add in your onions, sage, and diced apple, and saute for 5-7 minutes. Once done cooking, let this cool completely. In a separate bowl mix your ground pork, seasonings, add in your cooled onion and apple mixture to pork, and mix. Form into meatballs and add to a heated cast iron skillet with ghee, and cook a couple minutes each side.
I served mine on top of sauteed zoodles, roasted sweet potatoes, and avocado, for a balanced meal.
To save on time during your busy work weeks, meal prep everything on Sunday and place in separate Tupperware’s. I like to keep my zoodles raw if I am prepping them on Sunday so that they don’t get soggy.
The night I plan on eating for dinner I simply add everything to a baking dish lined with parchment paper (cooked meatballs, roasted sweet potatoes, raw zoodles) and bake 400 F for 10-15 minutes until heated through. It doesn’t get easier than that for a quick dinner option for your busy weeknight’s.
Sage + Apple pork meatballs
- 1 lb Buy Ranch Direct pork Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced gala apple
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp diced sage
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee Sub any oil you use
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt + pepper
- Sauté your veggies and seasoning for a few minutes.
- Let cool add to a bowl with sausage and mix with hands.
- Roll into balls and add back into pan you cooked veggies in and cook a couple minutes each side.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 Japanese sweet potato peeled and chopped
- Couple Sprays of avocado oil
- Sprinkle Primal Palate meat and potato seasoning
- Bake 400 for 30 minutes
- Zucchini noodles I added half way through while sweet potatoes were cooking and seasoned with salt + pepper and original ghee.