Roasted maple acorn squash:
Now these maple acorn squash are going to be your newest fall addiction. They are super easy to prepare and make for the perfect side dish, dessert, or even as a snack. I like using these as a base to stuff with a yummy quinoa salad, yogurt, ice cream, or chicken sausage. The possibilities are endless with these delicious squash boats.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Acorn squash
- Grass fed butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning
Preparing the roasted acorn squash:
Using a sharp knife cut 2 acorn squash in half and remove the seeds. Then add melted butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning to acorn squash, and bake 400 F for 20-25 minutes. And once done enjoy them by itself or stuff with your favorite items.
Try these recipes:
Stuffed Breakfast Acorn Squash
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight Tupperware. And to reheat, I simply add to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and in my convection oven I reheat on 400 F for 10 minutes. These also taste delicious cold, so if you are on the go you can enjoy cold too.
Maple Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 Tbsp melted grass fed butter Substitute ghee or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning Substitute coconut sugar and cinnamon
- Cut your acorn squash in half and remove the seeds
- Add to a baking sheet
- Coat with the melted butter, maple syrup, and seasoning
- Bake 400 F for 20-25 minutes
- Broil for a few minutes