Plant Based Alfredo Pasta:
There is no denying it, one of my favorite meals is Alfredo pasta. However, whenever I order it out I always end up leaving the restaurant with a not so happy tummy. And that is why I prefer making all my meals from scratch, because I know exactly what is going into my meals, its fresh, easy, and it’s fun to get creative with ingredients.
What I used for the pasta:
I used crimini mushrooms, cilantro, onions, garlic, avocado oil, broccoli, Banza bowtie pasta, and Primal Kitchen Foods new Dairy-free Alfredo sauce. Feel free to use whatever pasta you enjoy as well as your favorite Alfredo sauce if you don’t have access to these two.
How to prepare the dish:
The first step to preparing the Alfredo pasta is to sauté your onions, mushrooms, and cilantro with the avocado oil. I like to sauté for about 5 minutes or until everything is nice and caramelized. While you are sautéing the vegetables in another pot bring your water to a boil and cook the bowtie pasta according to the package. Then once the pasta is done cooking, drain the pasta, add it to the pan with the vegetables, add broccoli, and half the jar of the Alfredo sauce and cook covered for about 5 minutes.
Perfect for meal prep Sunday:
This dish makes for the perfect item to meal prep during meal prep Sunday. I like to make it ahead of time, store in my glass Tupperwares once cooled, and already have my lunches on-the-go set for the week.
Plant based Alfredo pasta
- 1 package crimini mushrooms chopped
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of bowtie pasta I used Banza
- 1/2 jar Primal Kitchen Foods Alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup diced broccoli
- Sauté onions with avocado oil for 3-5 minutes
- Add mushrooms and cilantro and cook for a few minutes
- While preparing your mushrooms cook your pasta according to package
- Drain pasta, add to pan with sautéed mushrooms, add diced broccoli and 1/2 of the jar of primal kitchen foods Alfredo sauce
- Cook for another 5 minutes to soften the broccoli and get the sauce nice and mixed in