It is officially peach season and I couldn’t be more excited. As soon as I spotted these beauts in the grocery store, I knew a peach crisp was needed, for the perfect summer time dessert. This is such a simple dessert and the taste is beyond amazing. I made my version vegan, grain free, paleo, and refined sugar free.
First things first, wash your peaches, and slice 5 peaches.
Once you have your peaches sliced you are going to add:
- Tapioca flour (this works as a thickener)
- Maple sugar, I use Primal Palate’s, but you can substitute coconut sugar or maple syrup if you don’t have access to maple sugar
- Vanilla extract
You are going to add the ingredients for the filling in a sprayed 8×8 baking dish, mix, and set aside while you prepare your crumble topping.
For the topping you will need:
- Candied pecans (grab recipe here)
- Almond flour
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
Now if you aren’t making my candied pecans you are going to use 1 cup raw pecans, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Add to the almond flour, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sea salt. But I definitely suggest you make the candied pecans, you won’t regret it.
Add everything to a food processor and pulse a couple times. You want to make sure you are pulsing and not processing.
You will pulse a couple times and should end up with sand like consistency like below.
Now add your crumble topping on top of the peaches, add to a preheated oven of 350 F, and bake covered for 30-35 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes to get the top nice and brown (but not burnt, keep an eye out).
Enjoy with some dairy free vanilla bean gelato or dairy free vanilla bean ice cream.
If you loved this one check these other desserts out:
- 5 Peaches sliced
- 3 tbsp maple sugar sub coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup candied pecans sub 1 cup raw pecans and 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate cinnamon sugar cookie sub maple sugar, cinnamon, or coconut sugar, and cinnamon
- Add pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning to a lined baking dish (with parchment paper), mix, bake 325 for 15-20 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes and break up with your hands if they are clumped together
- Add all ingredients for filing in a bowl and mix
- Add filling to a greased 8x8 baking dish
- Add all ingredients for topping to food processor and pulse a couple times you want it to look like thick sand consistency
- Top filling with the topping
- Add to preheated 350 F oven and cook for 35-40 minutes
- Top with dairy free vanilla bean gelato or vanilla bean ice cream