Time, it is something we wish we all had more of right? There are so many excuses we can come up with as to why we can’t be healthy due to lack of time. However, if we decided to prioritize where our time is spent we can make the change to live a healthier balanced lifestyle. After all, it isn’t about having the time it is about MAKING the time.
For me, my health and happiness are my number one prioritizes, even with a busy schedule like the one I have. So how do I have the time? Is one of my number one questions I get asked and here is what works for me.
- Planning out my weeks, this includes options for my meals, workouts, work that needs to be done, and even my R&R.
- Not stressing about the small stuff, if I can’t get it all done I am learning to be okay with it
- Prioritize what matters MOST to me and do those things first over the rest
- Have day’s where I do nothing and being okay with it, REST is vital for my optimal health
One of my biggest tips for eating healthy with a super busy schedule is making meals that are easy, can be done in under 30 minutes, and are loaded with flavor. Like this one sheet pan salmon and roasted veggie dish. It is very easy to prepare, you can meal prep it ahead of time, and leftovers taste great even cold.
What you are going to do is first roast your sweet potatoes and bacon for about 15-20 minutes. Then add in rest of the veggies and cook for another 10 minutes. Lastly add in your salmon and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. You could combine everything at once, but I have found that the harder veggies such as the sweet potatoes take longer to roast, so I prefer to cook in steps.
Sheet Pan Salmon + Roasted Veggies
- 2 4 oz Salmon fillets
- 1 small Sweet potatoes chopped
- 3 strips Bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Broccoli
- 1/2 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 Apple
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Cook sweet potatoes and bacon on 400 for 20 minutes.
- Add rest of veggies, apple, and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add salmon (seasoned with salt + pepper and spread the garlic on top), and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle rosemary on top and serve.