One dish I remember my mom meal prepping for us when we were little was one pan pork chops with spinach and applesauce. It was a classic that I enjoyed every time she would make it. I thought I would experiment in the kitchen with a pork chop recipe since I had some frozen one’s just waiting to be used up.
I wanted a fall spin to this dish so I thought using apples, fresh sage, and pomegranates would be the perfect flavor combination for this fall dish. The first thing you are going to want to do is season your pork chops with Primal Palate’s amore seasoning. If you don’t have this seasoning you can substitute some fresh herbs such as thyme, oregano, sage, salt and pepper to add your flavor. Heat your pan with some ghee or any oil you use for cooking. Get oil nice and warm and then add your seasoned pork chops and sear a few minutes on each side. It will depend on your thickness of pork chops, you may need to cook a little longer. Once done transfer to a dish to let rest, and add your onions, chopped apples, thyme, sage, and more ghee to pan and saute for a few minutes.
Lastly, you are going to add in your bone broth, pomegranates, and pork chops and cook for another few minutes until the broth is absorbed.
One pan pork chops and apples
- 2 Buy ranch direct pork chops
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart california garlic ghee
- 1 Tbsp fresh Sage chopped
- 3 springs fresh thyme
- 2 gala apples sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup Bonafide Provisions turkey bone broth
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate amore seasoning
- Heat pan with ghee, add salt + pepper + amore seasoning to both sides of pork chops.
- Add to pan and cook 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness of chops), transfer to plate.
- In same pan add more ghee, add onions, apples, fresh herbs and cook a few minutes.
- Add in broth and pork chops to pan with apples and cook for another 3 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.