No bake desserts:
There is no denying it, no bake desserts are my jam! I’ve been making a variety of no bake desserts for awhile now because they are easy, tasty, and quick.
Raw cinnamon rolls:
I love cinnamon rolls! And I wanted to whip up a batch of raw, no bake cinnamon rolls for a grab and go treat. And I love that I can stash these in my freezer for when the sweet tooth comes a knocking.
Ingredients you will need:
- Medjool dates pitted (soaked overnight)
- Vanilla extract
- Raw almonds
- Raw pecans
- Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar seasoning (substitute equal parts cinnamon and coconut sugar)
- Flaxseed meal ( if you don’t have flaxseed meal but have almond or coconut flour those can be substituted)
- Raw coconut butter
- Date water (water reserved from soaking the dates)
How to prepare:
The first thing to do, is soak your pitted medjool dates overnight. And when ready to prepare drain the dates but reserve the date water. Add almonds and pecans to a food processor and pulse a few times. The consistency should be about pea size. And be sure to pulse versus process or else you will end up with a nut butter. Next, add in the dates, flaxseed meal, vanilla extract, salt, and process for about 15-20 seconds. You want a sticky, easy to roll consistency. But if the batter is too dry add 1 Tbsp at a time of the reserved date water. And if too wet, add additional flaxseed meal.
And then divide the batter into 1/2. To one half add in the cinnamon sugar seasoning and mix.
Preparing the cinnamon rolls:
Add the layer without the cinnamon sugar to a lined baking sheet or cutting board. I lined mine with plastic wrap and with my hands created an even layer. And to the top of the first layer, I add the cinnamon sugar layer, and flatten with my hands.
Roll it all up:
And as best as you can, roll it up with the plastic wrap, and freeze for up to an hour or overnight.
Cut into cinnamon rolls:
Once they have been frozen, cut into 12 cinnamon rolls, and drizzle with melted coconut butter. Transfer to the refrigerator to allow the coconut butter to set and enjoy!
I store mine in the freezer in an airtight container. But make sure not to stack them or else it will be harder to separate them when frozen. And I enjoy mine straight out of the freezer.
No Bake Cinnamon Rolls:
- 1 cup pitted soaked medjool dates I measure mine after soaking and draining water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon sugar seasoning
- 2 Tbsp melted raw coconut butter
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal You can substitute almond flour or coconut flour if you don't have any flaxseed meal on hand
Only add if the dough is too dry:
- 2 Tbsp date water (reserved from soaking dates) Add 1 Tbsp at a time until you reach desired consistency
- Soak pitted medjool dates overnight
- Drain the dates and reserve date water
- Add almonds + pecans to food processor and process for 10 seconds. I like to leave my a bit chunky (pea size pieces)
- Add in dates, vanilla extract, salt, flaxseed meal, and process for about 20 seconds (don’t over process or else you will end up with nut butter
- You want consistency to be sticky and easily able to be rolled
- If too dry add 1 Tbsp at a time of date water until you reach desired consistency
- Remove half of the mixture and place on a cutting board lined with plastic wrap
- Flatten it out into a square with your fingers
- To the other half of the mixture add cinnamon sugar seasoning and mix
- Add to the top of the square and flatten with your hands
- Roll it up with the plastic wrap
- Freeze for up to an hour or overnight ( I froze mine overnight)
- Remove plastic wrap and cut into 12 cinnamon rolls
- Drizzle with melted raw coconut butter
- Store in freezer