Mediterranean Pasta Salad:
This Mediterranean pasta salad will make the perfect addition to your summer time festivities. It has been feeling like summer time here in Souther California and so it has me craving all my summer time favorites. And this easy, pasta salad is one of my top favorites!
Meal prep ahead:
What I love about this pasta salad is that it makes for the perfect meal prep meal. Whether you are planning on prepping it ahead for your busy work week or if you plan on hosting a summertime party, this is a meal that can be prepped in advance and taste better after sitting overnight.
Ingredients for pasta salad:
- Gluten free Farfalle pasta or any type of pasta you dig
- Persian cucumbers
- Red onions
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cilantro or parsley
- Optional: Vegan feta cheese if keeping it plant based or regular feta cheese
Homemade Italian Dressing:
I decided to make my own Italian dressing because I really didn’t want to go to the grocery store and had everything in my pantry to make my own. And if you haven’t tried making your own dressings from scratch I encourage you to try, its super easy, and helps save you money and a trip to the store. But if you want to just pick a dressing up while you are out these are the two I recommend you snag, either Greek dressing or Italian dressing.
Ingredients for dressing:
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Dried Parsley
- Dried basil
- Red wine vinegar
Putting it all together:
I first cooked my pasta according to package. And once done I rinsed with cold water, drained, and sprinkled some olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking. Next, I prepped the dressing while the pasta cooled by adding all ingredients to a jar and shaking. Then I chopped all the veggies and added to the pot with the cooled pasta, added the dressing, and mixed. If you can find a vegan feta cheese you dig I would recommend adding. But feel free to use regular feta cheese too.
I like to let my pasta salad chill overnight to get nice and chilled but if you chill for an hour that will be sufficient.
Since I meal prep a big batch of this on Sunday for my meal prep for the week. I Store mine in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad:
- 1 box Gluten free Farfalle pasta
- 1 cup chopped Persian cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup olives
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Optional: vegan feta cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- Cook your pasta according to package
- Prepare the dressing by adding everything to a jar and shaking, set aside while you prep the rest of the pasta ingredients
- Chop you Persian cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, cilantro, and red onion
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain, and rinse with cold water, sprinkle some olive oil and mix to prevent sticking
- In the same pot you cooked your pasta throw everything in the pot and mix including the dressing
- Store in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour before serving