Mediterranean Pasta Salad:
This Mediterranean pasta salad will make the perfect addition to your summer time festivities. Because who doesn’t love a loaded pasta salad? It is the perfect side dish or even main dish for entertaining, or prepping a big batch for your busy weeknights.
Meal prep ahead:
What I love about this pasta salad is that it makes for the perfect meal prep meal. Whether you are planning on prepping it ahead for your busy work week or if you plan on hosting a summertime party, this is a meal that can be prepped in advance and taste better after sitting overnight. And if you want to save some time for the day you plan on making, I suggest pre chopping everything the night before to save some time.
Ingredients for pasta salad:
- Gluten free Farfalle pasta or any type of pasta you dig, my other personal favorite is Gluten Free Fusilli
- Persian cucumbers
- Red onions
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cilantro or parsley
- Homemade Italian dressing or buy your favorite store bought Greek or Italian dressing
- Optional: Vegan feta cheese if keeping it plant based or regular/Mediterranean feta cheese
Homemade Italian Dressing:
I decided to make my own Italian dressing because I really didn’t want to go to the grocery store and had everything in my pantry to make my own. And if you haven’t tried making your own dressings from scratch I encourage you to try, its super easy, and helps save you money and a trip to the store. But if you want to just pick a dressing up while you are out these are the two I recommend you snag, either Greek dressing or Italian dressing.
Ingredients for dressing:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Dried oregano
- Dried Parsley
- Dried basil
- Red wine vinegar
Putting it all together:
I first cooked my pasta according to package. And once done, I rinse with cold water, drain, and sprinkle some olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking. Next, I prepare the dressing while the pasta is cooling, by adding all ingredients to a jar and shaking. And then I chop all the veggies, add to the cooled to the cooled pasta, add the dressing, and mix. If you can find a vegan feta cheese you dig I would recommend adding. But feel free to use regular feta cheese too.
I like to let my pasta salad chill overnight to get nice and chilled but if you chill for an hour that will be sufficient.
Since I meal prep a big batch of this on Sunday for my meal prep for the week. I Store mine in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad:
- 1 box Gluten free Farfalle pasta or Fusilli I love using Jovial Foods
- 1 cup chopped Persian cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup olives
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- Optional: vegan feta cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large lemon juiced
- Cook your pasta according to package
- Chop you Persian cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, cilantro, and red onion
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain, and rinse with cold water, transfer to a large bowl, sprinkle some olive oil, and mix to prevent pasta from sticking together
Homemade Italian Dressing
- Prepare the dressing by adding everything to a jar and shaking or whisking, pour the dressing all over the pasta salad, and mix
- Store in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour before serving