I hear from some people that they have a hard time with making their meat loafs stay moist. But I like to say that mine never are dry. But I believe it is because I don’t add any flours or oats to mine. I also find adding lots of vegetables aids in adding moisture to the meatloaf.
I like to meal prep mine on Sunday and eat with a variety of meals. Such as, meatloaf with cauliflower mash for the ultimate comfort food or with sauteed greens, and smashed fingerling potatoes. This meatloaf also freezes well, so make a double batch and save some in the freezer for those day’s you don’t feel like cooking.
This is one option I am having for the week, cauliflower mash with the meatloaf.
My other options for the week is sauteed greens, roasted smashed fingerling potatoes, and the meatloaf.
- 1.5 lbs Buy Ranch Direcet ground turkey
- 1 pasture raised egg
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1/3 of a small yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp Primal Palate super gyro seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Small can of organic tomato sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower steamed
- 1/4 cup Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth Sub chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee Sub butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse the veggies in food processor.
- Then in a bowl add ground turkey, eggs, oats, and chopped veggies.
- Add in seasoning and mix really well.
- Spray a loaf pan with avocado oil, add mixture and flatten the top, and pour the tomato sauce on top.
- Cook 350 for an hour, (I did 45 minutes in my convection oven).
- Add everything to blender and blend up.