Massaged Kale Salad:
The easiest and tastiest massaged kale salad. The part that makes this salad perfect is the time you take massaging your kale. I like to add you olive oil, lemon juice, salt, kale, and massage the kale for a few minutes to break down the kale. You will see the kale turn a different shade of green after doing this for a few minutes, and the kale will feel less rough, that is how you know it is good to go.
Ingredients you will need:
Once you are done massaging your kale add the fixings you would like to have in your salad. I personally love the candied pecans, feta cheese, dried cranberry, and pomegranate combination. But the possibilities are endless!
- Candied Pecans or regular raw pecans
- Feta Cheese
- Dried cranberries
- Hemp seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
How to store:
This salad will hold up for a few days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to meal prep these and have them in individual Tupperwares so in the morning I just grab and go.
Can I add protein to salad?
Feel free to add any type of protein to this salad. I personally love having this salad without any additional protein especially because I love adding hemp seeds. But if you want additional proteins try adding grilled chicken, sautéed mushrooms, salmon, or shrimp.
Massaged kale salad
- 1 bag of kale about 3-4 cups chopped kale
- 2-3 lemons juiced
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup Sugar free dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Feta cheese Optional
- Add your kale to a large bowl, add oil, honey, lemon juice, salt + pepper, and massage kale for 2-3 minutes with your hands.
- Add your toppings and mix
- Store in fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days