Macadamia nut white chocolate chip bars:
I had some leftover macadamia and coconut pulp from making my homemade macadamia mylk’s. And since I hate wasting food, I thought why not make some macadamia nut white chocolate chip bars!
What if I don’t have macadamia and coconut pulp?
Don’t worry, if you don’t have the pulp you can still make these bars. I would add about a cup of raw macadamia nuts and 1/2 cup coconut shreds and process in food processor until smooth. But you could also use macadamia butter.
Ingredients you will need:
- Leftover macadamia and coconut pulp
- Toasted coconut chips or raw unsweetened coconut flakes
- Medjool dates
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Pasture raised eggs
- Baking soda
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- White chocolate chips
Preparing the dough:
I added the macadamia pulp, dates, vanilla extract, coconut oil, to food processor and processed until smooth. Then I added in the eggs and pulse a couple times until incorporated. And then I added in the dry ingredients and mixed. Folded in the white chocolate chips and coconut to dough. And add the dough to a lined 8×8 baking dish and bake 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
I am a huge lover of gooey, fudgy, moist desserts and these bars are all of the above. And since they are more on the gooey side, I would suggest you let them rest completely before cutting into them.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator. And this also helps firm them up a bit more if you are not into the extra gooey consistency. And when I am in the mood for one I’ll either eat it at room temperature, cold, or stick in my convection oven for a few minutes to warm.
Macadamia Nut White Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup leftover macadamia pulp sub macadamia nut butter or in food processor process 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 10 medjool dates
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips + 1 Tbsp for topping
- In food processor process the macadamia pulp, dates, vanilla extract, coconut oil until incorporated and a smooth batter
- Add in whisked eggs and mix
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in chocolate chips and extra coconut if that’s your jam
- Add to a lined 8x8 baking dish
- Top with more chocolate chips if that’s your jam
- Bake 350 F 25-30 minutes
- Let cool before slicing