This 15 minute, one pan wonder, sugar free kielbasa and cabbage is my new go to meal when needing something quick after work. For those of you who are not familiar with kielbasa, it is a Polish sausage which is typically made with pork or with a combination of beef. If you don’t have access to kielbasa you can substitute any sausage for this dish. However, if you are doing a whole30 or keto be mindful of the ingredients in your sausage and look for one’s without added sugars.
I personally love using Pederson’s Farms kielbasa because it is sugar free and taste amazing. They have a variety of items that are sugar free so I would definitely check them out if you are currently doing Keto or Whole30 and need some compliant meats.
You all know that I get nervous when it comes to presenting meals to Todd, because I never know if he is going to love or hate the meal. He truly is the best taste tester, because if he loves it you know your picky eaters will love it too. I am happy to report that this meal was a hit with Todd, yay!!! He said it reminded him of a German dish, similar to bratwurst flavor.
So if you are in the hunt for a quick, delicious, easy, boyfriend approved meal, look no further and try out this one pan kielbasa cabbage dish.
Kielbasa and cabbage
- 1 package of Pederson's Farms no sugar added uncured Kielbasa
- 1 small Cabbage chopped
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Primal Kitchen Foods Spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup Bonafide provisions Chicken bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Pederson's Farms no sugar added Bacon slices chopped
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- Chop your bacon, add to pan, and cook for a few minutes
- Add your chopped kielbasa to the bacon and cook 3-5 minutes
- Add in chopped cabbage along with Apple cider vinegar, spicy brown mustard, garlic, and bone broth and cook 5-7 minutes or until liquids are absorbed
- Add salt and pepper to taste