Instant Pot Red Curry:
There is nothing more cozy than curry! It is something I crave at least once a month and since there aren’t any places in Corona that I have found that has a bomb curry, I’ll stick to making my easy peasy instant pot red curry. This meal is one of those throw everything in the instant pot and step away type of meal prep.
Ingredients you will need:
- Chicken breast
- Red curry paste
- Bonafide Provisions Chicken bone broth
- Unsweetened coconut milk
- Butternut squash
- Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee (substitute avocado oil and 1/2 tsp minced garlic
Can you make this vegan/vegetarian?
This meal is easily customizable. If you are vegetarian or vegan you can easily omit the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of the bone broth. Feel free to add different vegetables too, but this combo of vegetables go together so well, so I highly suggest you try these together.
Is this good for meal prepping?
This is the perfect meal for meal prepping ahead of time. I like to meal prep it on Sunday and when storing I put in individual Tupperwares so in the morning I can just grab and go. The nice thing about this meal is that it actually taste even better the second or third day because the flavors have more time to marinate together.
What to serve it with:
I like to serve mine with tri-color quinoa. But you can also enjoy it with jasmine rice, white rice, brown rice, or cauliflower rice.
Instant Pot Red curry:
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 3 cups chicken bone broth sub vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 cup of diced butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp California garlic ghee sub avocado oil and 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small head of Broccolini
- Garnish: pomegranate and cilantro
- Set instant pot to sauté function, add ghee, and warm
- Sauté your onions, carrots, celery, salt and pepper for a few minutes
- Add in butternut squash and cook a couple minutes
- Add chicken, curry paste, coconut milk, and chicken bone broth to instant pot
- Cover, seal instant pot, and set to manual high pressure for 8 minutes
- Once done quick release pressure and add in broccolini, cover and let sit for another 10 minutes to allow broccolini to soften
- Enjoy over quinoa