Instant Pot Lasagna Soup:
If you are looking for a fall comfort food to make this week, try this Instant pot lasagna soup. It is a one pot wonder. And is super tasty, even Mr. Picky approved.
What you’ll need:
- Grass fed + finished ground beef (substitute any ground meat you like or omit to keep it vegetarian)
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce of your liking (I used this brand)
- Chicken bone broth
- Primal Palate Amore seasoning
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Dried oregano
- Lasagna noodles
- Cottage cheese (substitute ricotta cheese or any dairy free cheese you like)
- Mozzarella cheese (substitute dairy free cheese)
- Fresh basil
Preparing the ground beef mixture:
Set your Instant pot to sauté function and add oil. Warm for 10-15 seconds and add in diced onion, salt + pepper, and sauté until translucent. And once onions are translucent, add in chopped garlic, and sauté a minute or so. Next, add in the ground beef, amore seasoning, dried oregano, pinch of salt + pepper, and break up the ground beef. And cook until the ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink.
Preparing the soup:
And once the ground beef is cooked through, turn off the sauté function on Instant Pot. Add in the tomato sauce, chicken bone broth, water, and mix. Break your lasagna noodles into desired size pieces. And add to the top of the mixture. Gently submerge the noodles to make sure they are under the liquid. And if there isn’t enough liquid add another cup of water on top. But DO NOT MIX THE NOODLES IN! Because you don’t want the noodles to over cook. And then close the Instant pot, seal the valve, set to manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Once done, quick release the pressure so that you don’t over cook the noodles. And let rest for 10 minutes.
The cheese mixture:
Once the soup has rested 10 minutes, you are going to add in the cheese mixture. Add the cottage cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese, and mix. And serve immediately and top with fresh basil, and homemade garlic bread.
Can I make this soup dairy free?
Yes, this soup can be made dairy free. You can use your favorite dairy free mozzarella cheese. And in place of the cottage cheese you can use any plant based ricotta cheese’s you can find.
Can this soup be made gluten free?
Yes, this soup is easy to make gluten free. Just use your favorite gluten free lasagna noodles or pasta for this recipe. This brand is my favorite for all my gluten free recipes.
What if I want to make this vegan?
You can totally make this dish vegan too. Omit the ground beef and substitute with diced mushrooms or eggplant. But you can also use anything you typically use for replacing meat. Instead of the cheeses make sure to use your favorite plant based cheese’s. And in place of the chicken bone broth you can use just water or vegetable broth.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 25 oz tomato sauce of your choice
- 24 fl oz chicken bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Primal Palate amore seasoning Substitute: 1/4 tsp dried basil, 1/4 tsp dried rosemary, 1/4 tsp dried parsley, 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3-4 cups broken lasagna noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Set instant pot to sauté function, add olive oil, and warm for 15 seconds or so
- Add diced onions and sauté for 5 minutes
- Add in minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute
- Next add in ground beef and break up the meat to create a meat crumble
- Add in amore seasoning, dried oregano, salt, and pepper, mix, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink
- Turn off sauté function, add in tomato sauce, and mix
- Add the broken lasagna noodles, top with the chicken bone broth, water, and gently press the noddles down (DO NOT MIX IN THE NOODLES) you just want them under liquid
- Close instant pot, seal valve, set to manual high pressure for 4-6 minutes. Once done quick release the pressure so that the noodles don’t over cook.
- Add the cottage cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and mix
- Top with fresh chopped Basil and enjoy right away with some homemade garlic bread