Instant pot chicken and veggie curry
I really don’t think it can get easier than this instant pot chicken and veggie curry. I have been obsessed with my instant pot because it is super convenient, it leaves all my meats nice and tender, and only requires one pot to clean up. But don’t worry if you don’t have an instant pot just follow the directions in a pot or in a slow cooker.
New Product I found:
I decided to try out a product I found at Sprouts market, it is Yai’s Thai yellow curry. I typically will make my own curry sauce but sometimes convenience wins in my house and that is totally okay, especially since this product is made with REAL INGREDIENTS.
What else you will need:
- Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth or any broth you prefer
- A jar of Yai’s Thai yellow curry
- Red bell peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- White rice already cooked in instant pot prior
I like to give my chicken a quick sear on the sauté function with some avocado oil before adding in my other ingredients, but this step is optional. Then I add curry sauce, bone broth, cover instant pot, seal the valve, and set to manual high pressure for 30 minutes.
Once the chicken is done cooking, I do quick release of the pressure. Then I open the instant pot and add the vegetables. Close the instant pot again, seal the valve, set to manual high pressure for 3 minutes. Once done do the quick release of pressure and your chicken and veggie curry is done. How simple was that?
I like to serve mine over some white rice that I prepare in my instant pot as well. For the rice I just add about 1 cup of white rice, 2 cups of water, set to rice function on instant pot, cover seal the valve, and do quick release of pressure once done. But you can also enjoy it with quinoa, cauliflower rice, or with no rice.
Instant pot chicken + veggie curry
- 2 chicken breast diced up
- 1 jar Yai's Thai yellow Thai coconut curry
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 small head of Broccolini
- Add diced chicken, curry sauce, and bone broth to instant pot
- Cover and set to manual 30 minutes high pressure
- Once done quick release pressure and add in veggies
- Set manual high pressure for 3 minutes
- Quick release pressure once done
- Enjoy over white rice cooked in instant pot