Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup:
Is there anything more comforting than a good old chicken noodle soup? I didn’t think so, and this easy Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is sure to be your new favorite cozy soup for the winter.
Ingredients you will need:
- Bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic cloves
- Egg noodles or any type of pasta
- Chicken bone broth or any type of broth you have
- Fresh cilantro or parsley
- Chicken breast
Time saving hack:
And if you are pressed for time and don’t feel like chopping all the vegetable. Grab a vegetable mirepoix at your grocery store and use in place of the vegetables listed in recipe.
How to prepare in Instant Pot:
I first set the Instant pot to sauté function, add the oil, and warm for a minutes or so. And then I add the chopped vegetables, salt and pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring throughout. Next, I add the minced garlic, seasonings, and cook a couple minutes. And then I add the chicken breast and sear 1-2 minutes on each side. Lastly, I shut off the sauté function, add the chicken bone broth, bay leaves, fresh cilantro, close the Instant Pot, and set to poultry for 13 minutes.
Quick release of pressure:
Once the soup is done cooking, quick release the pressure. Open the Instant pot and carefully transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Once the chicken has rested, with two forks, shred the chicken, and set aside. I then set the instant pot to sauté function and add my egg noodles. Let them cook for 5-7 minutes or until al dente. And add back in the shredded chicken, mix, and serve!
What if I don’t have an Instant pot?
Don’t worry, if you don’t have an Instant pot, you can still make this soup over stove top. I would follow the same directions for Instant pot. But I would bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes. And cook the pasta separately in another pot, drain water, and add to soup.
How to store:
I like to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. And since the pasta will absorb a lot of the bone broth, I like to have extra bone broth ready for reheating.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 heaping Tbsp oil of choice
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 48 oz chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
Time saving hack:
- 1 14.5 oz mirepoix chopped vegetable mix In place of the chopped vegetables listed above
- Add oil to instant pot and set to sauté
- Add onions, carrots, celery, salt + pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes
- Add minced garlic, seasonings, and cook a couple minutes
- Add chicken breast and sear a couple minutes each side
- Add chicken bone broth, bay leaves, and stir
- Close instant pot, seal valve, and set to poultry 13 minutes
- Once done quick release pressure, carefully remove chicken breast, and let rest a few minutes on a cutting board
- With two forks shred chicken
- Add egg noodles to broth and set to sauté function
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until noodles are al dente
- Add in the shredded chicken, fresh cilantro/parsley, mix, and enjoy!