There is something about soup that just brings me so much comfort. It doesn’t matter if it’s 100 degrees outside, I am always craving a nice hearty soup. It has been awhile since I have had a good broccoli cheese soup, so I thought it was time for me to make my own version in my instant pot. My instant pot has been my go to method for preparing quick meals for my meal prep Sunday series. It seriously has been a game changer and worth every penny. If you don’t have an instant pot, don’t worry you can easily make this over stove top as well.
For the instant pot version here are the steps:
- Step 1: Set your instant pot to saute function and add ghee (you can sub any oil you use)
- Step 2: Add your onions with salt and pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes or until they are caramelized
- Step 3: Add your broccoli, cauliflower, coconut milk, and bone broth to instant pot and mix
- Step 4: Turn off your instant pot, cover, seal your instant pot, and set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes
- Step 5: Once done do quick release of pressure
- Step 6: add cheese, tapioca flour (to thicken soup), and with an immersion blender, blend until desired consistency. If you don’t have an immersion blender, add everything to a blender and blend
- Step 7: Top with some cooked bacon, green onions, and extra cheese
For the stove top version here are the steps:
- Step 1: Steam your chopped broccoli and cauliflower for a few minutes in a steamer
- Step 2: Saute your onions with ghee, salt and pepper, for a few minutes in a pot
- Step 3: Add your steamed broccoli and cauliflower to sauteed onions along with coconut milk, bone broth, mix, cover pot, and cook for 5-7 minutes
- Step 4: remove lid, add cheese, tapioca flour, and with an immersion blender, blend. If you don’t have an immersion blender add everything to blender and blend.
- Step 5: Top with bacon, green onions, and more cheese
Store leftover soup in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the fridge. To reheat just add desired amount to a pot and heat on medium low heat.
Instant pot broccoli soup
- 2 cups broccoli stems included
- 2 cups cauliflower stems included
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 cups cheese
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 Tbsp California garlic ghee
- Set instant pot to sauté function and add ghee
- Add diced onions, salt + pepper to taste and sauté for 5 minutes
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, broth, coconut milk
- Cover instant pot, seal, set instant pot to Manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once done do quick release of pressure
- Add cheese, tapioca flour, and with immersion blender, blend until creamy. (If you don’t have an immersion blender transfer to blender, and blend)
- Top with bacon, green onions, and cheese