Instant pot beef stew:
There is not denying it when it comes to making dinner for Todd it can sometimes be challenging for me. He is a very picky eater and sometimes just by looking at it he will respond with “nope I am definitely not eating this.” However, I never get defeated because I am trying my best to create healthier options for us and it is up to him to decide if he wants to eat healthier. I definitely do not push my lifestyle on anyone including Todd, because it is up to the individual to want to live a healthier lifestyle. It can be very overwhelming with the amount of Fad diets that are out there, but my motto is simple, JUST EAT REAL FOOD.
Where I buy my meat:
So here we are with the most delicious beef stew I have ever had. I never was a big meat eater growing up, but as of lately my body has been craving a lot of grass fed and finished beef so I am listening to my body 100%. I like to buy all my meats from Buy Ranch Direct because it is good quality meats I can trust. Now if you don’t have an instant pot for this recipe don’t worry you can follow the steps and cook in your slow cooker as well.
What you are going to need for this stew includes:
- Buy Ranch Direct Beef chuck stew meat (substitute any meat you prefer)
- Tomato paste
- Bay leaves
- Bonafide Provisions Beef bone broth + water
- Optional add in: Buy Ranch Direct chopped bacon
How to prepare in instant pot:
You are going to set your instant pot to saute function and saute your onions, bacon, celery, and carrots for a few minutes. Then add in your chopped beef stew meat with salt + pepper and brown a couple minutes each side. Turn off your instant pot and add the fresh herbs, tomato paste, and bone broth. Cover your instant pot and seal the valve. Set you instant pot to the meat/stew setting and cook for 35 minutes. Once it is done let the pressure release naturally, about 10-15 minutes. You will know once the pressure has been released when you can open your instant pot.
Now prepare your instant pot mashed potatoes by following these 5 easy steps:
- Peel and dice your Yukon gold potatoes
- Add your trivet to instant pot along with 1 cup of water or chicken bone broth
- Set you instant pot to manual high pressure for 8 minutes, cover instant pot, and seal valve
- Once done do the quick release of pressure, strain some of the water/bone broth from your potatoes, and add back into pot
- Add in your garlic ghee, salt and pepper, and with an immersion blender (or potato masher) blend up to create your mashed potatoes
Serve warm and sprinkle some fresh thyme on top. I like to store my leftovers in separate tupperware and will consume within 3 days of cooking it.
Instant pot beef stew with mashed potatoes
- 1.5 lbs Buy Ranch Direct Beef rump roast chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 Bacon slices
- 3 Carrots chopped
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 4 Celery sticks
- 1/3 cup diced yellow Onions
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh Thyme
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 package Bonafide Provisions beef bonebroth 3 cups
- 3/4 cup diced Mushrooms
Instant pot mashed potatoes
- 5 peeled gold Yukon potatoes
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Brown the bacon in instant pot under sauté function and once cooked set aside.
- Add the beef with salt + pepper and brown for about 5 minutes, and set aside.
- Sauté onions, carrots, and celery, for a few minute.
- Add in tomato paste, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and cook a couple minutes.
- Add back in the bacon beef, and bone broth.
- Set to meat/stew setting and cook 35 minutes.
- Once finished let it sit 10-15 and then release steam.
Instant pot mashed potatoes
- Add potatoes and water to instant pot. Set on manual for 8 minutes.
- Once done release pressure, drain water, place back in instant pot, add salt + pepper, ghee, and with an immersion blender mash potatoes.