I have never been a ribs kind of girl. My dad would always love to go to Lucille’s or any BBQ place to get some good old ribs and I would just stick to ordering my BBQ chicken. I was raised mostly eating chicken, ground turkey, or seafood, so I think that is why I really just didn’t branch out and try other meats. However, I have been branching out more with the choices of meats I am ordering from Buy Ranch Direct because not only does it challenge me in the kitchen, but it helps me realize I actually do like things I thought I hated.
When it comes to my meat I stick to ordering from Buy Ranch Direct because they truly have the best quality meats. All of their meats can be delivered to your door, they are 100% grass fed and finished, no hormones used, no antibiotics, and humanely raised. So I would definitely recommend you check them out if you are interested in getting some good quality meats your way.
What you will need to make these instant pot ribs includes:
- 3.5 lbs Buy Ranch Direct pork baby back ribs
- Primal Palate BBQ rub
- Primal Kitchen Foods Original BBQ sauce
- Filtered water
- Apple Cider Vinegar
First you are going to prepare your ribs by removing the membrane and the way you will do this is to just take a dinner knife under the membrane and over the bone, lift and loosen the membrane until it tears. Then with a paper towel grab the edge of the membrane and pull it off. It sounds complicated, but it really is super easy.
Next you are going to add Primal Palate’s BBq rub all over the ribs along with some salt + pepper.
Add your water, apple cider vinegar, and the trivet to you instant pot. Place the ribs in the instant pot on top of the trivet.
Close your instant pot, seal the valve, and set your instant pot to meat function and cook for 25 minutes. Once done let the pressure release naturally for about 10-15 minutes.
Once done carefully remove the ribs and add your BBQ sauce. Transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper and broil for 5-6 minutes to get the top nice and crispy.
I made it the ultimate summer meal by pairing my ribs with my instant pot potato salad (grab the recipe here) and roasted broccoli. I of course can’t forget to mention this meal was Todd approved, yay!
Instant pot ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3.5 lbs Buy Ranch Direct Ribs
- 1-2 Tbsp Primal Palate BBQ rub
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Foods Original BBQ sauce
- Add 1 cup water and ½ cup apple cider vinegar to instant pot
- Add trivet to instant pot
- Season your ribs with the BBQ rub
- Place your Ribs in the instant pot on the trivet
- Close instant pot and seal valve
- Set instant pot to meat function and cook 25 minutes
- Let the pressure release naturally (10-15 minutes)
- Carefully remove ribs, add BBQ sauce and broil for 5-6 minutes