Hostess with the mostess:
Growing up my mom and my aunt always were the best entertainers. My fondest memories are having the family over for holiday’s, special events, holiday cookie parties, and those pampered chef get togethers with the ladies. What I always loved about these events is how much love they would put into organizing the parties, from the decor, to the menu, they would make the parties the best in town. It was rare that I would see any sort of store bought meals or appetizers at these parties because they always wanted to make things from scratch. Fast forward to now, they still are the best damn entertainers and now I take after them as a hostess.
Bite size appetizers:
Summertime is a great time to entertain and get together with family and friends. So that means appetizers are needed for these summertime shin digs right? I find bite size appetizers to not only be the cutest ever, but super convenient for the guest to enjoy.
Instant pot BBQ chicken:
Now you all know my love for my instant pot runs deep, so I prepared a bunch of BBQ chicken for some easy peasy BBQ chicken sliders on sweet potato buns. Not all guest might dig the sweet potato buns so I like to have a variety of options for my guest. So I will do sliders as well as BBQ sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls in case they prefer sandwiches versus sliders.
What you will need for the BBQ chicken:
- Buy Ranch Direct boneless, skinless chicken breast ( I did about 4 breast just depends on number of guest)
- 1 jar of Primal Kitchen Foods original BBQ sauce
- Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I like using tapioca flour to thicken up the sauce but you can omit if you don’t have it
How to prepare in instant pot:
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, simply add to your instant pot, close, seal valve, and set to poultry for 15 minutes. I like to let the pressure release on, which means let it sit in the instant pot for 10-12 minutes. You’ll know once the pressure is release naturally if you can open your instant pot. Once done I transfer my chicken breast to a cutting board and shred with two forks. I then transfer the shredded chicken to my instant pot and mix to assure the shredded chicken is nice and coated with the BBQ sauce.
Sweet potato buns:
Then you will take your sweet potato buns (which I roasted 400 F for 25-30 minutes), add some of the bbq chicken on top, drizzle Primal Kitchen Foods BBQ ranch dressing on top, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 2 Large boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 8.5 oz jar Primal Kitchen Foods original unsweetened bbq sauce sub any BBQ sauce you have
- 1/2 cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth sub water or any broth you use
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp tapioca flour This allows the sauce to thicken but is optional
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato
- Add all ingredients to instant pot and mix
- Close instant pot, seal valve, set to poultry 15 minutes
- Once done let pressure release naturally (10-12 minutes)
- While chicken is cooking prepare your sweet potato buns by peeling your sweet potato, cutting into one inch thick rounds and roasting 400 F for 25-30 minutes
- Shred chicken with two forks and set to saute function on instant pot and saute for a few minutes to let liquid get absorbed
- Assemble your sliders by adding some of the BBQ chicken to sweet potato buns, drizzle Primal Kitchen Foods BBQ ranch, and garnish with fresh cilantro