Loaded breakfast bowl:
If you have been following me for awhile now, you all know how big of a fan I am of breakfast bowls. Because they allow you to customize based off what you are craving and the options are endless. They also make for a great meal prep option, because you can meal prep everything ahead of time, and when ready to eat just reheat and make your bowls in no time.
Ingredients you will need:
- Buy Ranch Direct chicken chorizo (substitute any type of ground sausage, chorizo, or meat you have on hand)
- Greens ( I like using a super greens mix)
- Baked breakfast potatoes
- Hot sauce
Preparing all the items:
First step is to cook your breakfast potatoes since these take the longest. When the potatoes have about 10 minutes left of cooking, start cooking the chicken chorizo in a large pan. And once the chorizo is done, set it aside, and scramble your eggs in same pan.
Assembling the bowls:
I first add my base which is the super greens. And the nice thing about adding the greens raw and then topping with warm foods is it wilts the greens without having to cook. Next, I add the potatoes, eggs, avocado, cilantro, and drizzle some hot sauce. And boom you have yourself an epic breakfast bowl.
- 4 links Buy Ranch Direct chicken chorizo subsitute any type of sausage, ground meat you have
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp turmeric ghee substitute any oil you use
- 1/2 cups breakfast potatoes see recipe below
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 1-2 tsp Siete Foods Jalapeño hot sauce
- 2 cups Super greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare breakfast potatoes
- When potatoes have ten minutes left of cooking start cooking your chicken chorizo for 5-7 minutes
- In a separate pan heat the turmeric ghee and add your whisked eggs with salt and pepper and scramble
- Assemble bowls by adding super greens first, top with scrambled eggs, potatoes, avocado, cilantro, and hot sauce.
- 2-3 red potatoes
- 1 Tbsp @primalkitchenfoods avocado oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp @primalpalate meat and potato seasoning substitute about 1/2-1 tsp of each: sea salt, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Wash potatoes
- Chop into bite size square pieces
- Add avocado oil, garlic powder, and meat and potato seasoning, and mix making sure all potatoes are coated
- Add to a lined baking sheet and bake 425 F for 20-25 minutes
- Broil a few minutes until nice and crispy (keep an eye out when broiling so they don’t burn)