Grilled peach and burrata salad:
If this grilled peach and burrata salad doesn’t scream summer, I don’t know what will! This combination is one of my favorites to make once I start spotting peaches at the market. And what I love about it, is how simple it is to throw together. Making it a great weeknight dinner option.
What you will need:
- Fresh peaches
- Salad of choice, I like a mix of super greens and arugula for mine
- Burrata or mozzarella cheese
- Oil for grilling peaches, I love using vanilla Madagascar ghee for mine
- Prosciutto or bacon
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
How to prepare the grilled peaches:
I don’t grill but I do have a grill pan that I love to use to get the beautiful grill marks on my peaches. And the way I do it, is add the ghee to my grill pan, and get it nice and warm. Next, add the sliced peaches to the grill pan and cook a few minutes each side. But make sure you add enough oil to prevent the peaches from sticking to the pan. And once done let them cool for at least 5-10 minutes before adding to the salad.
Prepping the salad:
And putting together this salad, couldn’t be any easier. Add the greens to a large bowl, add the grilled peaches, prosciutto, burrata/mozzarella cheese, and drizzle some olive oil and lemon juice on top.
Can I prep this salad in advance?
I prefer enjoying this salad fresh. But if you want to prep the grilled peaches ahead of time to have them ready to assemble salad you could. And if you want to warm up the peaches the day you plan on serving, you can do a quick sear on grill pan, or enjoy them cold.
How can I make this dairy free?
And if you can’t do dairy, don’t worry. Find your favorite dairy free cheese (I would go with a dairy free mozzarella, feta cheese, or goat cheese) and use in place of the burrata. But if you know of a dairy free burrata cheese, please let me know!
I don’t like prosciutto what else could I use?
And if prosciutto is not your jam, feel free to omit entirely and just do the peaches and cheese combo. But also cooked bacon or grilled chicken are great alternatives.
What do I use for dressing salad?
I prefer a light dressing, since there are so many amazing flavors with all the topping to this salad. And I will usually just do a drizzle of olive oil, and juice of 1/2 a lemon. But balsamic vinegar is also a great dressing to use in this salad.
Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad:
- 3-4 cups mixed greens of super greens and arugula
- 3-4 medium peaches pitted and cut int 3/4 inch slices
- 3-4 Tbsp vanilla bean ghee or any type of oil you use
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 4 ounces burrata cut into pieces substitute: mozzarella balls, goat cheese, or feta cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil substitute balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced omit if using balsamic vinegar for dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add ghee or oil to grill pan and warm oil for a couple minutes
- Add sliced peaches and grill for a few minutes each side
- Let the peaches cool for about 5 minutes and transfer to salad
- In a large bowl add your greens, slices of prosciutto ( I like to cut each piece in thirds), add pieces of burrata all over, and add the grilled peaches
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice all over or balsamic vinegar
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve immediately and enjoy!