I wanted to create a grain-free stuffing that wouldn’t skimp on flavor. And this stuffing is just what I had envisioned. It is moist, tasty, Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, and made with 100% real ingredients.
It isn’t always easy finding a grain-free, Paleo, gluten-free bread that doesn’t taste like cardboard. But I am here to tell you, I have finally found the one and I am never looking back! Awgbakery has been my go to grain-free bread since I first heard about them a few months ago. I have used their Rosemary loaf or Everyday loaf for this recipe.
- Grain-free bread of choice
- Bonafide Provisions Turkey or Chicken Bone Broth (substitute vegetable broth)
- Fourth and Heart Garlic ghee (to make it dairy-free, substitute avocado oil + 1 tsp minced garlic)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Fresh sage
And if you want to save some time, Trader Joe’s has a vegetable hash that is perfect for this stuffing. The hash has chopped butternut squash, sweet potatoes, red onions, rosemary, sage, and parsley.
Preparing the bread:
First things first I chopped my bread into bite size pieces ( I like mine on the larger side but you can make smaller). Then add to a lined baking sheet and bake 300 F for 20-25 minutes or until they are nice and toasty.
Making the stuffing:
While the bread is toasting, I like to prepare the rest of the dish. I Add the ghee or oil to a large pan and warm, then add the chopped celery, carrots, onions, salt + pepper, sage, and sauté for 7-10 minutes. Once everything is done I add it all to an 8×8 baking dish, pour the bone broth, mix, and bake 350 F for 20-25 minutes.
Meal prep ahead of time:
And the nice thing about this grain-free stuffing, is that it can be meal prepped ahead of time. Follow all the steps to prepping the dish. And either refrigerate over-night and in the morning bake or freeze if prepping it way in advance. And when ready to use, defrost in the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before baking.
Try these other grain-free side dishes:
- 2 cups chopped bread of choice I used AWGBakery Grain-Free Everyday loaf
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped sage
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup Bonafide Provisions Turkey or Chicken bone broth Substitute vegetable broth
- 1 heaping Tbsp Fourth and Heart Garlic Ghee Dairy-free=Substitute avocado oil and 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 18oz Trader Joe's Holiday Vegetable Hash Use this in place of the chopped vegetables
- Toast bread 300 F for 20 minutes or until nice and toasted
- Heat ghee or oil in a large pan and add chopped vegetables, salt + pepper, sauté for 7-10 minutes
- Add the toasted chopped bread, sautéd vegetables, bone broth, and mix
- Add mixture to a 8x8 or 11x9 baking dish
- Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes