Grain-free raspberry crumb bars:
I had some raspberries that were on their last leg and so I decided to make these grain-free raspberry crumb bars. Because I am team no food waste over here. And what I love about these bars is that they are grain-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and made with 100% real ingredients.
Ingredients you will need:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut oil
- Raspberries (or any berries you have on hand)
- Filtered water
- Chia seeds
- 1/2 a lemon
- Vanilla extract
Preparing the raspberry chia jam filling:
I like to start by preparing my raspberry jam filling first. Because I like to let mine rest for at least 15 minutes before adding to my crust. Add your fresh raspberries, water, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and juice of 1/2 a lemon to a small sauce pan on medium low heat. And cook for a few minutes smashing the raspberries to create the jam. Once the raspberries have cooked down, I add my chia seeds, mix, and simmer until the jam thickens (about 10 minutes). And then remove from heat and let rest for 10- 15 minutes.
How to make the crust:
For the crust, simply add all the ingredients to a small bowl, and mix. And then add to a lined 8×8 baking dish and press down the crust into the pan. But make sure to reserve about 1/2 cup of the crust for the crumbs on top.
Assembling the bars:
And then once the crust is pressed down into the pan, add an even layer of the raspberry jam filling, top with the remainder of the crust by crumbling over the top, and bake 350 F for 25-30 minutes or until the top is nice and golden.
Slicing into bars:
And once they are done, let them cool completely before slicing into desired size bars. I like to refrigerate mine overnight and slice the next day.
How to store?
You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or store in the freezer to make them last longer.
Check out these other recipes:
Grain-Free Blueberry Crumb Bars
Nut-Free Tahini Banana Bread Blondies
Grain-Free Raspberry Crumb Bars:
- 1 3/4 cups almond four
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Raspberry chia jam:
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2-2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic chia seeds
- Prepare the crust by mixing all ingredients in a bowl
- Add crust to a lined 8x8 baking dish but reserve about 1/2 cup of the crust for topping
- Bake 350 F for 20-25 minutes
- Once done let it cool completely
Raspberry Chia Jam Instructions:
- Add raspberries, water, maple syrup, lemon juice, abs vanilla extract to a pan on medium low heat
- Mash up the berries and cook down for 2-3 minutes
- Add the chia seeds, reduce the heat to a simmer, and let simmer for about 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let the chia jam cool for 10-15 minutes
Putting the bars together:
- Add about 1/2-3/4 cup of the raspberry jam on top of the cooled crust
- Crumble the remainder of the crust on top and gently press into the jam so it sticks
- Bake 350 F for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool completely or store in the refrigerator overnight
- Slice into your 9 large bars or 18 smaller bite size bars
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer